Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

I liked Kongu Mahri’s design, I thought it worked for him and it was how I saw the character.

2 Likes

I think Bionicle is a terrible theme with a poorly written story and an overly-complex world with boring characters and trashy sets.

I suppose I should’ve added this “/s”

Then why are you on the message boards?
That is literally all that constitutes Bionicle.
I think some of the sets weren’t trash.
The characters didn’t tend to be boring.
The story, while strange, wasn’t really badly written (just not super well).
I agree the world was too complex for many kids, but not for me.
If absolutely nothing about Bionicle appeals to you, then these boards seem like an odd choice.

7 Likes

I like both the BIONICLE G1 and Hero Factory villains more than the BIONICLE G2 villains and think that they are better both personality wise and set design wise.

I hate the summer 2016 beasts with a passion and honestly can’t understand why people like them so much. I think they are poorly designed, aesthetically unappealing, generally awful sets and the more I see most of them the more I hate them. I think all of their lower leg designs are horrid. I don’t think they are all that innovative in their designs and they bore me. I also don’t like their face molds for the personal reason that they do not appeal to me and look ugly. Not ugly as in monstrous and frightening, ugly as in not visually pleasing to me personally in any way.

I do not think that the Hero Factory Brain Attack sets were that bad. In fact, I think they look a lot better than the BIONICLE summer 2016 beasts.

I hate that BIONICLE G2 did away with the Toa’s original unique mask powers from G1 and replaced them with the Toa’s elemental powers.

I think G2 is slightly overrated. It isn’t necessarily bad, just not that outstanding like some people seem to make it out to be.

Hero Factory is underrated and not as bad as people make it out to be just because it filled in for BIONICLE after it was cancelled.

1 Like

Firing at will here- these are unpopular opinions not in the sense that they’re controversial, rather, these often go under the radar of the community. They’re not popular, perhaps not all that unpopular either, but they’re certainly not mainstream from what I can tell.

Behind only the book series and the sets (b’duh), my main exploration of the Bionicle world was through the licensed games, specifically those released for the Game Boy Advance. I sees these licensed games as being a valid way to explore the landscapes and terrains of the BIONICLE Universe, particularly the Island of Mata Nui and the Maze of Shadows.

BIONICLE The Game (GBA) was a worthwhile challenge and actually kind of fun to explore when I could make progress on it. Never finished it to Mangaia, but I don’t regret putting it through its paces.

1 Like

Please tell me you’re not serious.
I mean, this is a Bionicle forum.

4 Likes

Mnog 1>Mnog 2.

Clashing textures don’t bother me so much.

2007>2006

4 Likes

This probably isn’t unpopular, but MNOG should be available on Steam. It really is an underrated and overlooked gemstone in the point n click genre. With the success of Telltale titles, putting it on Steam could definitely increase it’s popularity.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the butt-knob too.

2 Likes

People in the UK love this post.

Why? Did I make a mistake? (if I have sorry but English isn’t my main language).
If I haven’t, well, thanks English people…?
Sorry but I have no idea why they should.

2 Likes

Yea, it’s your opinion if ya like it or not.

If ya do, that’s great.

2 Likes

I like to hordika too :smiley: :wink: /s

I don’t want to see the mask of time used for time travel however slowing time and speeding it up is ok IMO

2 Likes

Im not, it should also be used for Time Travel.

1 Like

I don’t like the Bionicle films.

3 Likes

and then create big time paradoxes

2 Likes

Yeah we’ve had enough time paradoxes with Bitil’s mask.

4 Likes

There are things called multiverses ya know.

2 Likes