Vozatth - The Meteoromancer (Gilahu's BP Makuta revamps)

Name: Vozatth
Kanohi: Kawhau, Great Mask of Elemental Resistance
Assigned region: Gavira

Backstory:

Vozatth had always been interested in the universe’s natural powers - air and water currents, geothermal phenomena, and - most of all - the machinery of the heavens that brought forth devastating winds, powerful lightning and blizzards that buried entire Matoran villages within minutes. Focusing powers such as Vacuum, Electricity, Chain Lightning and Weather Control, Vozatth was not a Makuta who liked to sit around below a roof or face opponents one on one. He wanted to control entire battlefields through his command over the skies, and influence whole domes with his powers.

Vozatth’s first chance to utilize his powers on a greater as well as permanent scale came when he was assigned to the island of Gavira following the end of the Matoran Civil War. Always known for its harsh weather, the island soon detoriated to the epicenter of almost permanent storms and blizzards, as Vozzath let his powers run free. Many inhabitants found their deaths in these storms and they only barely managed to cling onto Gavira as their home.

Makuta Miserix, seeking to restore peace to the universe after the end of the Prosecution, the long war of liberation following the defeat of the Barraki, eventually ordered Vozatth to stop with his weather experiments after a few decades, for the destruction they caused was devastating.

Vozatth grudgingly obeyed - only to find that as soon as he withdrew his powers from the peaceful skies, the storms soon broke out again, this time without his interference. It became increasingly clear that somehow Vozatth had damaged or involuntarily recalibrated the systems that controlled the weather in the region, and as a result, Gavira seemed to be doomed.

Vozatth was willing to let things go their way, but Miserix wouldn’t have it. Despite the pain and effort still associated with the process of creating Kraata back in those days, Vozatth was to create 42 Rahkshi of Weather Control which, spread all throughout Gavira, would asscertain conditions on the island to remain if not pleasant, then at least stable. Vozatth complied.

The local inhabitants of Gavira, unawares of who was responsible for the storms in the first place, praised Vozatth and the Brotherhood as their saviors, and Vozatth became a prominent and trusted figure to them, even though he was not terribly interested in his function as a governor of the Brotherhood. In secret, he wanted to see just how far he could go with his weather control - where the limits for the powers of nature lay.

It was for this reason that Vozatth joined Teridax against Miserix at the Convocation, and indeed, Teridax eventually allowed Vozatth to continue with his experiments sporadically for short periods of time. This time, however, Vozatth’s macinations were eventally discovered by the natives. Filled with hatred for Vozatth and his millennia long betrayal, the natives plotted to assassinate him - and succeeded, seemingly. Vozatth’s armor was broken, but his Antidermis - evolved beyond the need of a normal body - escaped, taking refuge in one of his Rahkshi. Calling up the storms, Vozatth prepared to throw down the rebels, summoning his Rahkshi to his side. With every Rahkshi that fell in the ensuing battles, the storms grew in power and became harder to control, but at last, Vozatth triumphed, executing the last rebel leader below dark storm clouds. The victory was short-lived, however, for either Vozatth’s concentration slipped, or his Rahkshi body was simply not up to controlling the power needed to restrain the storm. A single bolt of lightning struck his Rahkshi armor, in an instant destroying Vozatth’s Antidermis inside, killing him.

With the storms unchained, even Teridax’s Brotherhood saw the need to solve the problem or lose Gavira. Thus, Mutran was dispatched to use his knowledge of the universe to fix the weather systems in the region. Even Mutran couldn’t make the storms stop completely, however, merely make them more rare and less severe, yet it was enough to save Gavira from complete destruction.

Equipment:
Vozatth wore teh Kanohi Kawhau, Great Mask of Elemental Resistance, which allowed him to use the energies of elemental attacks hurled against him for his defence. His preferred tool was the Scepter of Storms that could channel lightning or absorb/unleash entire weather patterns.

Poseability and stability:

Size comparison:

Cloak is also somewhat special, in that it’s more of a robe thing that has holes for the arms:

Alright, that’s number…19 done, I believe (links to originals and the others can be found here). MOC and backstory are based on @ToaPanda’s Makuta Vozatth (then Boldorah) (picture also below).

So… Vozatth is a rather simple build. I wanted to get a certain “wizard” kind of look across, hence the robe and staff. I really like how the shoulders turned out, and my goal with the addition of blue was that it’s detectable, but is very sparse yet cohesive with the rest.

That upper torso was actually a lot more difficult to build than it might seem. That black Pahrak shield is actually on a balljoint and thus slightly angled outwards because the Metru chests do not allow for it to fit flush.

Also, no this build is not influenced by Von Nebula, any similarities are pure coincidence, I swear!

Here’s the original MOC by ToaPanda as well as the drawing I did based on it and which obviously heavily influenced my revamp:
Makuta Vozatth

As usual, C&C welcome, hope you enjoy!

29 Likes

Nice moc, his backstory is very interesting.
Edit: I’d say he’s a real force of nature! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I really like the use of the Kiina fin pieces as shoulder pads

2 Likes