Which is your favourite toa team setwise?

Through Bionicle theme we’ve got a lot of great Toa teams, but which is your favorite? All of them are unique and different in they’re own rights. Though which is your favourite team by standards such as launcher, color sheme, team balance, etc. And which is your favourite Toa from that team?

1 Like

My personal favorite would probably have to be the Toa Mahri, because of the variations between each Toa. Before 2007, all the Toa were all essentially clone sets, but that all changed with the Toa Mahri. On top of that, the unique underwater theme also makes them stand out when compared to other Toa themes.

3 Likes

I like the Mahri and the Mata.

The Mahri all use Inika builds, but do unique things with the Inika build. That way, they have a ton of possibility, while still looking varied. Also, they just really look cool to me. I like marine biology, and the ocean in general, so I’ve always been drawn to the Mahri and Barraki.

The Mata are also really good, for their iconicity. Even 19 years later, they still hold up today, with their bright vivid colors, fun (albeit sometimes flawed) functions. They used a limited selection of technic parts, but through the mask design, weapon choice, and other design details, were able to convey a solid personality.

3 Likes

I think the 2015 Toa or the Toa Metru. I think both teams are quite solid, despite them being on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to them being clone sets.

5 Likes

The Toa Mahri.

All of them (except Hewkii) were very solid as sets, Hahli and Jaller being my favorites. All of them did unique things with the Inika and Piraka torsos and just generally looked cool

4 Likes

solid, except for the lime joints

3 Likes

Yeah, we can’t forget about that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can you change it to favorite canister set team? Like, including the opposing team as well as the toa.

2 Likes

In that case, 2007 is still my favorite year

2 Likes

I actually like Hewkii, and I don’t really get why a lot of people don’t like him. My favorites are Matoro and Jaller (Although I never actually had Jaller).

4 Likes

I don’t know if this counts, but I really like the glatorian.

4 Likes

Toa Nuva. They were play wise the best sets till reboot. Almost all of their weapons could be atached to their legs and have therefore a secondary function.

Lava board, fins, skees, tracks, wings, a ball.

But I do like the Mahri sets, Favorite is Hewkii.

2 Likes

The dual purpose weapons were indeed a cool feature. Some would argue that the Metru superior, since they also had dual purpose weapons, a gear function, and unlike the nuva, shoulders, knees, and moveable heads.

The nuva are pretty good, although some of their masks don’t really resemble their Mata counterparts.

Lewa’s the only one I had, and he’s my favorite looking out of all of the Nuva.

2 Likes

Some would argue that the Metru superior, since they also had dual purpose weapons, a gear function, and unlike the nuva, shoulders, knees, and moveable heads.

Oh yeah I had forgot They too had double functions. I only remembered Matau and his wings. All of them except Onewa and nokama had double functions.

1 Like

I mean I was thinking about this but I decided to do just Toa because they are more iconic and are the same “specie” so they are more comparable

1 Like

okedoke

1 Like

Do the 2015 masters count? IIRC they’re technically not toa.

1 Like

The Metru, actually. I think they had some of the coolest weapons and masks and the most versatile pieces.

2 Likes

Toa Inika and Adaptive armor Toa Inika (because they actually were supposed to be) Nuva. The Inika are the guys after whom the build was actually named, and their poportions are great, Zamor Launchers are really cool, accurate, long-range. Farorite of them is Matoro forever! setwise will be Nuparu, because he is most unique and I like those claws.
The Adaptive armor Toa Nuva are just cool, I don’t know why, maybe because they fly. All the engines/wings look awesome. And colors too. Favorite one is Tahu, he has unique engines placement, and his weapon is nice.

A little edit: Piraka were imposting to be Toa, so they are my favorites:)

3 Likes

Stars

The Mahri are probably my favorite full team, they’re just so unique from each other and other teams. I also really like the phantoka for similar reasons. The mata are also very iconic and look cool.

3 Likes