Why I am a follower of Sanok-Orde / Hypothesis about it

Willess:

Everyone else:

Ghid:

The question then is, is the accuracy in relation to a movement of the body, or through any projectile? Since Hewkii used the zamor sphere launcher, was the accuracy input before or after the zamor fired?

It would appear as though it was before, which means the Sanok’s accuracy was in relation to where the zamor sphere launcher was pointed. However, this means that the Sanok also calculated wind resistance, gravity, and loss of propulsion from the launcher in order to hit the exact point of contact between the two Piraka, which means the Sanok could pretty much hit literally anything no matter the distance as long as the target is stationary and the projectile has enough force in it.

If, however, the effects of the Sanok were applied post-firing, this means the Sanok is massively overpowered. Hewkii would have lost physical contact with the zamor almost immediately, which means the input of what target to hit was done post-propulsion, which means the zamor was being told what target to hit rather than perfect aiming. This would mean Hewkii could hit the Red Star with a pebble from the opposite side of Spherus Magna as long as it could survive the journey there, which I really hope isn’t the case because that makes the Sanok one of the most overpowered weapons in not just Bionicle, but any sci-fi story ever.

There are some slightly illegal methods, but I greatly prefer the KhingK Sanok to the ugly rubber one LEGO produced. If Orde won with this Sanok, Greg would canonize it as a mask of unknown design, but we all know what it’s supposed to be.

10 Likes

It depends.

On the one hand, it’s true that using a projectile weapon involves far less physical ability than throwing something, and the Sanok still works. This would imply that the Sanok works for any aiming, regardless of whether it’s physical or not.

On the other hand, firing a weapon still involves some degree of muscle input to properly aim it. If the Sanok just works by allowing the perfect coordination and intuition necessary to throw and aim things, then it wouldn’t necessarily apply to telekinetic “throwing”.

On the other other hand, even if the Sanok does work through “muscle memory”, that muscle memory has to come from the brain, which is also the case for telekinetic movement.

At the end of the day, Greg has confirmed that the Sanok works for any kind of aiming. This would include telekinetic aiming as well.

Before.

The Sanok has no effect on a projectile once it is launched:

2 Likes

Isn’t there a custom one that’s the same as the regular one just with an axle?
(And if there isn’t, somebody should make one)

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a Sanok model for stud.io yet, so I’d be surprised if there were one. If there is, someone better post it so I can put it in stud.io

2 Likes

I have a rough 3d scan of the sanok that I could mod with an axle to fit metru heads. It could probably be smoothed out a little too to look better than it does now.

lumpy
So lumpy.

I also modded the Bionicle heroes sanok to fit on metru heads with an axle, so that could work too. It is lacking some detail, but it still looks nice when printed out.

5 Likes

incidentally, the guy who made this topic has a way of connecting it to a Mata Head:

4 Likes

There is an option for an officially-recognized Sanok that isn’t the rubber one, but it’s not much better.

Canonically, this is also the shape of Hewkii’s organic Sanok, and therefore also the standard Sanok:

If it were to be upscaled, I see no reason it couldn’t be recognized as a Sanok the same way that Kualus’s fanmade mask is recognized as the shape of the Mask of Sensory Aptitude.

7 Likes

That one is a better option unless someone gets a better scan since the part is in LDD and I think studio too. It definitely could be upscaled. I saw someone do it with the minifig calix and suletu already.

lumpy_2
The head fits, but the mask looks like its melting.

Rothanak_Resized minifig sanok hewkii inika
This looks strange too. If anyone wants it let me know.

8 Likes

This is my personal opinion (if my Orde wins), but I hope the King K design will be canon as “at least, Orde’s Sanok”. :relieved:
But of course I like Hewkii’s design, and on the contrary, some people don’t like the KK version for any reason, so I’m just proposing it as a second choice.:wink::revolving_hearts:

Also, I did develop a way to put an Inika-mask on the Mata-head, but when I actually put it on my Orde, I found that the mask was too big (an example often seen on the Inika mask).:rofl:
For these reasons, I used KK’s great design,
(Also, to my personal taste, I don’t really like the minifig-sanok design, because it’s not as similar to the original as the KK or Galva designs😅)

And it seems that this topic is also being derailed into a different topic because the discussion has going to other place.
I don’t forbid further discussions, but if you continue, I’d like to ask you not to derail too much from the topic, not heat up, and not get be warned by Eljay or other staff!:shushing_face::wink:

It’s been a very meaningful and enjoyable discussion for the last few days.
I will take a break on this topic for a while!
Thank you, friends on the Board!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

P.s. Thank you for your work, @Rothanak !:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

P.S. about Sanok’s topic is expected to continue until Orde contest has end, but aside from the conclusions(I can’t make any conclusions those now), those are interesting opinions as discussion:

:revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

It looks very derpy
and kinda like Bruiser’s mask from HF

4 Likes

Wait where is this King K design that people are talking about?

2 Likes

this! :wink:

7 Likes

And there we come into some interesting terms of definition: upscaling and altering for Metru/Mata heads changes the attachment point of the mask; is it now a new mask? Same with the hard plastic version of the Sanok as well; new material, new attachment, is this a new mask according to TTV?

KhingK is a fan modeler who creates 3d masks for printing and keeps all his files free, making him automatically cool. He’s also one of the most talented mask modelers out there, and made the inorganic Sanok Bukkey uses on his moc of Orde, as you can see above.

7 Likes

Apparently not, given that Kualus’s mask shape had only ever previously existed in a drawing, yet it was similar enough to that drawing to be recognized. If the upscaled mask is made from the original tiny-Sanok file (with some parts carved out for eyeholes, of course), it would surely be close enough to the original part to still be a Sanok.

I also don’t think that’s TTV’s call, but I’m not sure; how was it decided that Kualus’s mask could be officially identified, but not Bomonga’s or Pouks’s? (Obviously Kualus’s mask is way closer to an existing mask than the other two, but is that it?)

5 Likes

A discussion which needs to be had for certain, especially since both you and Willess are entry auditors and need to be aware of the rules you are enforcing. What exactly are the rules in regards to mask canonization? Where is the line drawn?

me when i get out of bed in the morning

8 Likes

Me being the only one laughing at my own joke

7 Likes

I don’t know why this matter is being made so confusing. It makes sense all the way around.

For Kualus, it’s blatantly clear that it was meant to be a Mask of Sensory Aptitude. It was never in question. Looks like one, model is based off the comic, and the comic is what was canonized. There is no question as to what it is meant to be.

Bomonga’s and Pouks’ masks were trying to canonize something outside the bounds of the contest. We know what they’re based off of, and we know what they’re similar to. Unfortunately for the masks, their inherent existence on the MOCs isn’t enough to canonize what they were suggested as. There are a handful of possibilities and the contest wasn’t meant to canonize those variants.

They were allowed on the Hagah because the Hagah masks could have been almost anything, including new designs like in Gaaki’s case. But as for canonization? They were never going to be canonized as specific variants through the contest. That is up to the public to ask on the Boards, now.

So to answer the question, the line is drawn at the point of the contest and the clarity of the masks used. If it isn’t in question, it’s not an issue. And the variants are in question. Does that make sense?

11 Likes

For the record, I’m not going out of my way to over-complicate things, and that wasn’t the intent of the question, but your answer does make sense in regards to the Hagah and why certain masks rightfully stayed undefined in terms of power in connection with the new shape(s).

I asked the question because of the one above it:

The top image is the Sanok with an added axle and the bottom one is an upscaled Sanok hollowed out and given an axle as well. Being purely technical, both of the original pieces are a Sanok.

The top one is, obviously, a Sanok. There would be no contesting its legitimacy as a Sanok because it is 99% identical in appearance. My question in regards to where the line is drawn is whether or not the second Sanok is a Sanok - it was released by LEGO as a depiction of Hewkii in minifigure form, but it only vaguely resembles the real and fully Bionicle version. It may be safer to disregard the second option as not a Sanok so there is no loophole to use oversized accessories such as shoe covers as figure Kanohi if modified digitally to utilize an axle, but perhaps that option should not be disallowed due to it being an official Sanok design and trusting people to use common sense in their entries (risky).

Feel free to ignore this if the timing is inopportune. I don’t want to be an inconvenience.

2 Likes

at least, @Eljay hadn’t warned this topic, so I have an ask to clearly!:slightly_smiling_face:

If “Inika/Mahri-variant mask Orde(and other character)” has win MOC contest, the mask ‘must’ be fixed to “standard” in Art contest?

As I said, I’m ok to it, but I want to know that is duty or not!:no_mouth::thinking:

3 Likes