Will Takanuva return?

Matoro constantly felt like he wasn’t good enough to be a hero. Takanuva was just kinda there.

Cal is the master of unpopular opinions in this situation 8P

2 Likes

Takanuva felt like he wasn’t a hero and then embraced it. As takua he never fit in and was constantly shunned, and as Takanuva what everyone needed (now it only Greg would have been able to make Takanuva save the universe in the mata nui saga at the end…)

Takanuva always felt like a hero. Takua was the one who had to embrace it.

also, storywise, this is a horrible idea.

But takua is Takanuva, it was an evolution. And that was Greg’s idea before Bionicle got canceled. I can guarantee that it would have been a better ending the the one we got by a long shot.

2 Likes

It would be cool to see him return so I hope so

I’d love it so much!

@Calvatron, I think my attraction to Takanuva is the potential and feel of the character. He was the most different out of the toa IMO.

1 Like

he is the only toa of light

2 Likes

As much as I want to see old characters come back, it’d be a shame if G2 was just a big revamp without much new content. Reusing old characters helps tie in the series for fans of G1, but otherwise I don’t see much purpose in it. It seems somewhat lazy to me. Personally, I’m holding out for some kind of tie-in to G1.

I’d love Takanuva, but I’m on board with what your saying. The new line is a copy of other lines.
First wave:Bionicle 2001
Second/third wave: ninjago with the skeletons and ghosts(if the ghost leaks are real)

2 Likes

'mkay, I see what you’re saying, but it doesn’t feel like a copy, it takes aspects from other themes, but they are very different from the 01 and ninjago

As of now, yes, they’re using aspects of the old line. But if their pattern continues, it could get to the point of a revamped copy.

But why copy others when it can be original. We’ve seen that Lego can be original, so why not with this line too?

But anyway we’re off topic.

2 Likes

Eᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴀsᴘᴇᴄᴛs ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ. Sᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʙʟᴀᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs. Aʟsᴏ, ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ =/= ɢᴏᴏᴅ.

I’d rather take an original good idea verses a copy of another theme.
We’ve seen that Lego has original good ideas, I just wish they’d use them.

Though yeah;

• We could get a new version of Takanuva
  • We could get the same version of Takanuva
  • We could have a similar character

There are many ways we could see something like Takanuva again

4 Likes

Exactly! I really don’t even want Takanuva to comeback, the character could get messed up personality wise (gen 2 toa). But I would really like a gen 2 avohkii even if it was a comic con exclusive.

That would be cool, a redesign of an old mask is always nice and a Gen 2 Avohkii doesn’t necessarily need to be something connected to the G1 universe - similar to the current status of the Gen 2 Mask Of Time. It could just be a similar named object with similar powers/abilities.

Something like this would be a cool redesign;
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11245640_475712809248403_113111986_n.jpg

4 Likes

It looks like anime mech avohkii.
tak is intrigued

2 Likes

Made by Arcus7 - he’s done a few varying Avohkii redesigns;

I think the idea is that they are taking what they view as the better aspects of the original series and re-doing those.

1 Like