Tesla Effect’s MOCs: Dalerem Tesal, Protector of Light

My Self-Moc during his early days as a common Protector of the Capital.
http://img00.deviantart.net/fff9/i/2016/235/d/5/dalerem_tesal___protector_of_light_by_teslaeffect-daf23l8.jpg

Backstory time:

Dalerem, son of Koda and Jasmine of House Tesal, brother of Typhon, Protector of Light, Guardian of the Capital, Savior of Ga-Koto.

Dalerem was always fascinated by ancient knowledge of the world. He would often pester his father to tell him about all the tales of Okoto, Legends such as the Fables of Agil, the Elemental Lords, the story of Hanga and Mana, and the World Rune of Zery. When he come of age, he had went to train with his mother and brother near the Temple of Time. There he honed his fighting skills with the sword, bow, and hammer. He would also be sent on frequent mission where he would aid villagers around the island. As the oldest of the two brothers, he was tasked to continue the Protector line passed down through the Zrak family of his mothers side, but only if he would be deemed worthy as a Guardian.

One such situation arrived. Across the seas, an unknown enemy adorned in skeleton armour and masks had attacked the Capital city of Ga-Wahi. While Jasmine rushed to help the other Protectors in the fighting, he and his brother were instructed to take the civilians of Ga-Koto to safety. During the rescue one of the most unusual feelings have come to him. “I have read stories of the lands across the sea, there was a mentioning of a Kult of Skull worshippers that would primarily sacrifice living people for their necromancy rituals. These ones were not interested in looting our homes, there here to take our people for their sick and twisted magics…Brother, the brunt of the force is coming for us, we need to find a better place to hide the citizens while we plan our trap.” “I will lead the citizens to safety”, Typhon said, “while you think up a plan of yours, those Skull villains are quite intimidating.” “I will”, Dalerem said, “and Brother, good luck.”

While Typhon lead the citizens to safety in the impassable caverns and cave system of Ga-Wahi. Dalerem planned his trap at their cave entrance. Soon enough a band of Skull warriors have arrived lead by a Horned commander wielding two large chipped axes. Even though he was outnumbered 10 to 1, Dalerem had the knowledge of the land around him. The Ga-Wahi waterfronts were passable by large rocky columns that emerging near the fast waters of Naho Waterfalls. Unskilled villagers would often than not slip and be swept away by the rivers current all the way to Ga-Koto bay and into the sea. If they are lucky, they would survive such ordeal with minor head injuries, at worst drown. Dalerem had made the rocks unstable by cutting them at specific points where if a large heavy figure would climb atop of it, it would brake and the rock would slide over and sweep the victim into the dangerous fast waters. As planned, most of the warriors have fell for this trap, though one the Horned commander had survived his ordeal. Angered by the easy loss of his men, bloodlust had taken over him and soon a fight between Dalerem and Horned minotaur had ensued. Charging, bashing and slamming his way through, Dalerem had little to do but dodge his every advance. But he was too slow, the Commander had threw him across the cavern entrance. His life essence spilling from the wound where the horn clawed through, Dalerem stood up to face his opponent and his possible demise. The feeling he had once trusted to guide him here had once again come forth. It was telling him, whispering to him, guiding him against the force infront of him. With one swift dodge of the horse, he thrusted his sword into the belly of the beast. The Horned commanders face momentarily in shock and swiftly went into shadow, his life essence fading from him. The Basher was dead.

Dalerem quickly went to see if the citizens were safe. Protected by his brothers powerful enchantments, it had shielded them from an onslaught of spiders with skull like markings on their backs. Finishing the remaining spiders. Dalerem and Typhon had later gotten news that the Skull invaders have retreated back to their ships. The body of the Horned commander and other skull warriors were seemingly missing from the battlefield.

For his incredible ingenuity and bravery in the face of danger, Dalerem was honoured as the Jasmines successor as Protector of Light. Herald as the Savior of Ga-Koto, most of the praise went to Dalerem himself. Though the deeds of his brother Typhon were largely ignored by the Nobles of the Capital, his reputation among the Ga-Wahi citizens was well known. Both Dalerem and Typhon would continue their aid of the island until, working together and bonding as nakama in the process. After Jasmines death, Dalerem took the mantle of Protector of Light and Guardian for the Capital City, Okoto Prime. His brother would continue his adventurous ways, and from then on wards, the brothers would rarely see each other, but still keep. Duty and Destiny are all important for a Protector such as him, but without Unity, everything would crumble apart. But that is a story for another time…

http://pre09.deviantart.net/56e7/th/pre/i/2016/235/d/5/dalerem_tesal___body_by_teslaeffect-daf22pn.jpg

Build:

Dalerem Tesal has a fairly uncommon body structure. Due to his Fathers physiology, his lower legs are bowed backwards significantly, compared to other Okotans. He is tall, relatively well built and adorns the gold/black/blue colours customary to the styles of the Capital. Due to his role as a Protector, he wears substantial armour. He also wears a custom made Protector Mask of Light which gives him limited use of Light Elemental Abilities.

http://img04.deviantart.net/8197/i/2016/235/4/1/dalerem_tesal___weapons_by_teslaeffect-daf21oe.jpg
Weapons:
A closer look at all of Dalerems arsenal of weapons, both for combat and knowledge. The Greatsword of Alaj, Custom Laser Blaster, and The Runic Scroll of Koda (More detail in specific pictures ahead).

http://pre15.deviantart.net/7bdc/th/pre/i/2016/235/4/3/dalerem_tesal___greatsword_of_alaj_by_teslaeffect-daf1zpw.jpg
The Greatsword of Alaj
Handed down through the generations, The Greatsword of Alaj is the symbol of House Zrak of his mother, Jasmine. Forged by his Ancestor Alaj in the First Era, the weapon holds many magical and technological capabilities. The weapon channels and amplifies light energy and project it through the central casing. Its adorned by an ornate crystal said to have be taken from the site where the Forge of Creation will later stand. It is said that the crystal brings luck to whoever has it, in this case, whoever wields the Greatsword. The Greatsword towers over most Okotans and is a deadly weapon against any foe who dares challenge it.

http://pre05.deviantart.net/712f/th/pre/i/2016/235/2/1/dalerem_tesal___laser_blaster_by_teslaeffect-daf1yxa.jpg
Custom Laser Blaster
While primarily preferring melee weapons, Dalerem still has a custom Laser Blaster for long and medium distance combat. The weapon has several features such as: Laser blasts, Stun beam, Laser targeting, and Standard flashlight options.

http://img15.deviantart.net/4434/i/2016/235/0/1/dalerem_tesal___backpack__the_runic_scroll_of_koda_by_teslaeffect-daf1xs3.jpg
The Runic Scroll of Koda

Dalerem Tesal uses his backpack primarily to store his Runic Scroll and Weapons. The Runic Scroll of Koda as its named, passed down by his Father Koda who was a respected scholar and Grand Arcanist of the Capital. It is filled with World Runes that contain all elements and old historical records, myths, legends, and maps of Okoto. These World Runes are highly unstable if used in the wrong hands. The Runic Scroll is sealed with an Arcane lock that prevents unskilled thieves from obtaining the Scrolls knowledge. Only the descendants of Koda are able to open the lock without magical seal backfiring at the person.

Trivia:

• Favourite food is Ta-Koto lasagna.
  • Favourite colours are blue and green, but he also fancies red a bit.
  • Best friend…his Bro Typhon
  • Favourite past time: Reading scrolls, napping near a beach, swimming, hammerflush.
  • Main theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsveCVCt5J4

If you would like, head over to my DeviantART page for additional ART! :blush:

MOC Projects:

1. Dalerem Tesal, Protector of Light
  2. Parel Adina, Hard-Light Diva
  3. Tahu, Toa of Fire / Tarot Card
  4. Gali, Toa of Water / Tarot Card
  5. Ekimu, Mask Maker of Light / Tarot Card
  6. Kulta, High General of The Forsaken / Tarot Card
21 Likes

I’m glad that old sword still glows :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah. It surprised even me how long the battery lasts. Even if it didnt, I have the tools to open the lid with the small screws and replace them.