Tesla Effect’s Art: Kulta Tarot Card

http://orig09.deviantart.net/5e3e/f/2016/245/1/5/kulta_tarot_card_by_teslaeffect-dag8db6.jpg

Inspired by Dragon Age Inquisition Tarot cards (specifically Iron Bull’s Tarot), Kulta the High General of The Forsakens card showcases a cosmic background symbolising several things: his connection to the void, divine might, tyranny, brutality, cunning, patience, constellations, elements, and of course skulls.

This is a modded version of Kulta, right down to the “too be seen” story, and title…so changes to his design are reflected in the art.

If you like, head over to my DeviantART page for additional ART! :blush:

----------

MOC Projects:

1. Dalerem Tesal, Protector of Light
  2. Parel Adina, Hard-Light Diva
  3. Tahu, Toa of Fire / Tarot Card
  4. Gali, Toa of Water / Tarot Card
  5. Ekimu, Mask Maker of Light / Tarot Card
  6. Kulta, High General of The Forsaken / Tarot Card
20 Likes

Not entirely a fan of the hands (But that’s to be expected with all artists, myself included).

Aside from that, I must say that the shading is spot on, the head’s interpretation is

2 Likes

Humanoid heads similar to how transformers in some of the animated series have them, but when they put on the mask its like the set form, the masks dont actually morph like in the movies and work…as masks.

In terms of the hands, its suppose to be a bit more stylised than actually correct anatomy due to how artist for this type of artwork do (the tarots and glass art I mean).

I really love this! One thing I would have done is make him more skeletal, but it’s your art and you can do whatever you want.

One question though. What’s he holding in his hand?

Its a rendition of my Moded Kulta. He is very bulkier and much more imposing than the original version (even taller than Tahu).

A symbol of his former life which connects him with the entity known in the Okoto Universe as Ekimu. The same goes with the elemental gemstone.

Well that is suppose to be armour, it only looks like a rib cage due to his cults practices. His actual “skin” can barely be seen underneath it…his body underneath it all is mixed with dark energies as seen in the chest area,

Very nice, I love the way you made his head.

1 Like

Is that in the third book? I have only read the first one.

Nah, this is my own take on the Okotan lore, which is connected to my massive continuum known as the Imperium.

Ok. So, do you know if it is technically alright to draw Kulta and the other skull villains as skeletons?

Its okey to draw them however you want.

1 Like