#4: Botu, Toa of Jungle (Biowave Project)

#The Biowave Project: The Toa Takha Rebuilt

Revived and upgraded, the Toa Takha have been tasked with retrieving the legendary Mask of Life, which once again poses an imminent threat to the Matoran. But a new Toa team shares the same mission, and neither one is willing to hand it over - not without a fight.

#Part 4: Botu, Toa of Jungle

Botu is a confident but reserved Toa, whose connection with nature grants him an unmatched wisdom amongst his allies. He uses his powers to ensnare his enemies in roots and vines, and to befriend and recruit Rahi to his cause.

See Botu’s original build here.

##Overview

The Toa Takha return in the latest installment in the Biowave Project’s series of sets. With more polished builds and distinct themes, these new Toa aim to improve upon the project’s original Toa building system.

Name: Botu
Element: Jungle
Theme: The Sage
Weapons: Bo-staff
Main Adversary: Tamaru
Approximate Parts Count: 190
Functions: Running limbs
Inspiration: Agil (bird)
Acknowledgements: Preliminary bird design and idea by @Gilahu, promotional poster by @Xeros610

###Tamaru vs. Botu: Who Wins?

• Botu
  • Tamaru
0 voters

##Build

Botu is a wise and spiritual character, and so takes on the theme of the Sage. With his attunement to nature, he can pacify and commune with certain Rahi, which has allowed the Toa Takha to recruit its very own airborne scout.

The Necrofinch:

Botu’s Necrofinch can perch on Botu’s forearms or staff via T-bars that attach to the bird’s feet.

Weapon Stored:

Check out the video below to see the set being built:

Thumbnail by @Xeros610, music by @Cazapar

##Functions

Botu features one function: running limbs.

Locking Mechanism:

Pushing the relevant exposed axle inward will lock or unlock the gear function, with the former improving stability.

Check out the video below to see these functions in action:

Thumbnail by @Xeros610, music by @Cazapar

#toa Archive

Follow the links to view the other Toa:

06/26 - Avani, Toa of Light
06/30 - Voli, Toa of Lightning
07/03 - Fenra, Toa of Iron
07/07 - Botu, Toa of Jungle
07/10 - Cerana, Toa of Psionics
07/14 - Baharu, Toa of Gravity

##Next Time: Cerana, Toa of Psionics

##More Sets

Follow the links to view the Biowave Project’s earlier sets:

##The Biowave Project - a Bionicle Community Initiative

The Biowave Project is a community initiative bringing talented members of the Bionicle community together to develop sets, art and narrative content for an expanded Generation 1 storyline.

##Announcing the Biowave Monthly MOC Programme

For this coming holiday period, the Biowave Project will be showcasing new sets at least once a month.

##Reclamation - a Bionicle Webcomic Series

The Biowave Project’s very own webcomic series, featuring characters from the project’s many sets, will be arriving to the Boards this summer.
We now have a Reclamation series topic where we will leave updates on our progress. Keep an eye out for more updates coming soon.

###Rate This MOC

0 voters

###Favourite Toa So Far?

• Avani, Toa of Light
  • Voli, Toa of Lightning
  • Fenra, Toa of Iron
  • Botu, Toa of Jungle
0 voters
32 Likes

This is my favourite so far, build and function look great, and the colour scheme works really well. Good job, looking forward to the next one. :+1:

I think the lower body seems too bulky. I think that if you slimmed down the armor below the green bohrok shield thing, then it would be much improved. Still a good job though.

It has a really nice build and I like the colors despite it being green and grey
The necrofinch has to be one of my favorite bird mocs

You mean green and brown? :wink:

Yeah, I’m starting to see the brown in it

Would have been good if you kept the original proportions. Very nice regardless

The lower torso is a little bulky looking, but other than that, it looks great.

Excellent function! Painting like every second part of him also paid off, I think - one doesn’t see MOCs with this colour scheme too often.

This time I feel like storing the weapon doesn’t look too good - but then storing staffs on your back is kinda weird anyway.

I’m still not sure if I like Avani or Botu better, but given that the Necrofinch was my idea I feel compelled to vote for Botu ;P.

By the way for everyone else: The Necrofinch (in name) actually is a canon Rahi. Description from BS01:

A species of bird Rahi that lived in the mountains of Zakaz and can remain singing after it is deceased.

2 Likes

I like the staff!

The function is very impressive!

Not terrible in the slightest, but I’m really interested in what it would look like with it’s original proportions.

Fenra and Botu was my original favorites, and that has not changed a bit! Wow!
I only have one complaint, the gear on the back looks kinda low, if you get what i mean, but the moc is really good

I think he looks perfect. The bulky torso people seem to have issue with fits because it is similar to the original. Well done!

Also, does he use that Kaukau to swim in lakes to find aquatic rahi?

He does - tends to use it to find exotic plants and such.
There had to be some reason for him to be wearing it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes