Aerotrix T2

So heavily based on the fantastic work of @iylv They tasked me with making the design and build viable and possible.
So here it is. My version of the Aerotrix T2.
The design is largely the same but with modifications based on stability and aesthetics.
The build is also 100% buildable with the only exception being the custom mask used for Gali.

Just realized that she has the wrong mask on this one but not redoing it these spinning renders take about 1 hour each lol

I unfortunately don’t have instructions for this but since this is a viable build I can provide the Studio file if anyone wants it. I intend to build it myself at some point so anyone else should be able to if they want to as well.

You can also view the original design HERE go there and give Iylv some love, they deserve it.

20 Likes

This… this is beautiful

4 Likes

Just one issue: the gif you uploaded appears to have broken. It instead has a download link to a file containing the frames for the gif.

Apart from that, the speeder is excellent! I enjoy seeing the designs for Bionicle-scale vehicles.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. Should be fixed now.

Same though, they are tough to get right but getting it really pays off imo.

3 Likes

Takes half-baked design

Improves on it

Refuses to elaborate

Leaves

Dare I say, based beyond words.

Also, the underside actually looking good, and the lil control panel is literally better than… well, it’s a family friendly website so I can’t elaborate.

Takanuva has a jetbike, Gali must also have a jetbike.

5 Likes

Would fit in perfectly with the other '08 Vehicles, love it

Cool moc

4 Likes

Hehe Thank you :slight_smile:
I wanted to try and make it look like the underside of a Harley, easier said than done but I think it works.

Thanks Bean :slight_smile: Iylv can take a lot of that credit but I’m so glad it worked out.

5 Likes

I mean I literally have my version, which you linked, which is all the credit I need.

Frankly I’ld rather be on to the next project. Or next 20 (none which I’ll ever finish). Yeah, I’ve got my unmodelled mask sketches, and the list keeps multiplying like it’s bunnies in Australia.

3 Likes

So now we need one for tahu and Onua(takanuva perhaps as well)

3 Likes

But Takanuva has the Ussanui (the original vehicle)

Ok, maybe an 08’ version, but it’s gotta be a jetbike, cause now the couple each has a jetbike.

3 Likes

I was thinking it would have the t in the name like how the rocka jettrax and the axalara all had t9/6/3

3 Likes

I mean ornithopter is all the rage since the recent Dune movie.

Ussanui is a jetbike, the main aerial vehicles are jets.

Vultraz’s skyfighter is a wing glider, but arguably also a jet based craft.

The only official helicopter is 08 pohatu. And that’s not counting VTOL.

So really, it’s just room for VTOL helicopter and ornithopter. Question is, who gets the helicopter and who gets the ornithopter?

3 Likes

Between the general shape and the colour, I’m definitely getting Cendox vibes from this. It looks pretty good.

3 Likes

Kopaka could get the ornithopter, since he’s the only 2008 Toa with wings.

2 Likes

Isn’t Jetrax Kopaka’s vehicle?

Stolen by Antroz, yes, but Kopaka’s.

4 Likes

Hmmm both good ideas. Well the only 2 left that need vehicles, (Not counting Takanuva) Would be Tahu and Onua. I’d say the Ornithopter would suit Tahu more and a bulky carrier type helicopter for Onua.

Yeah it is.

It kind of does doesn’t it. Could say that it was based on it. Wouldn’t be the only one of these vehicles to be based on a BaraMagna vehicle after all.

5 Likes

DaVinci style ornithopter or Dune style ornithopter
Which way western man?

Honestly, I can see Onua’s heavy chopper being inspired by Agents’ 8971 Aerial Defense Unit, with a back compartment to transport the Av-matoran (since it’s in the lore the Toa Nuva used the vehicles to escape Karda Nui with the Av-Matoran and Vican).

Now all we need is someone to model the 3 remaining SpecterL adaptive kanohi (me).

Nah, I don’t have time to.

3 Likes

A Da Vinci ornithopter with Bionicle style mechanics would be cool. It could be an early vehicle designed by the Nynrah Ghosts…

2 Likes

Yo this vehicle build is awesome! I really like the aerodynamic shaping and the sleek look it has is quite cool. Very nice job on it and pilot Gali, overall great moc

2 Likes

I’ld figure I’ll do a quick sketch of Onua’s heavy helicopter. The main idea is to have turrets on the side, either automatic or with matoran gunners.

I considered drawing some grabbing gear to retrieve the matoran, but I’m tired RN.

Also, T-11 because it’s double digit and it’s bigger than the rest. I’m thinking the name should be phonetically similar to Mjolnir, like the hovercraft from the Matrix.

3 Likes