DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (RP Topic)

The girl spat out her question rather ticked. “What’s the point of confronting him if you aren’t going to use your powers to do something cool?” Subtlety wasn’t a strong suit and she ignored the hypocrisy. Adelaide mimed a punch as she continued talking. “I mean why show up all suave and just waste it by leaving it to the police.”

She coughed and waved her hand as if trying to brush off what she just said. “Anyway, don’t sweat it. I’m new around here.” Adelaide attempted to fist bump Gideons hand before realizing he wanted a handshake. Awkwardly opening her hand, she lightly accepted it. “My names Adelaide.”

2 Likes

“With power comes responsibility.” Gideon said after finishing the handshake. She seemed fragile to the touch, at least to him. “We who posses superpowers are called to accept responsibility for the aftermath of their usage. Plus, I can only become invulnerable; it’s not like I can fly or anything. Helps when you’re approaching armed shooters, though.”

“What brings you to Metropolis?” …Was it the office supply store?

4 Likes

Kate nods, wishing she had enough hands to hold her notepad, write on it, and hold her dictophone up. “Noted, thank you.” She pulls her hand back down, scribbling down notes as other questions get asked.

3 Likes

The buyer freaks out a little again as he’s overwhelmed by the two of them. “I don’t know his name man! I just got a number from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, who, uh, knows my brother. I-I can give you it, if you want? It’s on my phone.” He offers.

As Luthor continues to answer further questions, a hooded figure near the back of the throng starts melting towards the front. As the security posted around the stage start eyeballing the stranger, the person picks up their pace, jumping to the head of the crowd and throwing down their hood. The figure is wearing a black domino mask, and has very long chestnut hair, which they toss back to reveal.

Suddenly, it’s slicing through the air seemingly on its own towards the candidate, glinting wickedly in small sharp bunches as though it were a storm of knives. The crowd erupts into panicked screams, beginning to deteriorate into a hapless mass of people trying to put as much distance between them and the newcomer as possible. At this point security is making a beeline for the attacker, one of them moving to get Luthor out of harm’s way, who throws up an arm to protect his face.

1 Like

You can’t fly… Do you get detected by metal detectors and they don’t let you on?. Wait yeah powers. She contemplated a solution for his problems but the only one she could think of was a hang glider though Gideon probably wouldn’t be too receptive to the idea…

Adelaide shrugged at the question. “Lots of great places to get food and I kind of want a city life. Powered folk are a plus though, it’s weird not knowing any and being the only one in your family.”

2 Likes

Vance passed into and back out of the Labyrinth to suit up. He leaped towards Luthor to try to knock him to the ground so that the attack would miss or cause less damage

@TheMightyObsidianDude

“Can’t say I’m particularly happy with Luthor’s campaign.” Gideon frowned slightly, crossing his arms. “Soon it’ll be illegal to exist with powers. I don’t pay much attention to politics, but I think I’ll be voting for his opponent.”

“Speaking of powered folk…” He motioned to her. “What’s your ‘superpower’?”

2 Likes

Answer gets his notepad out, “Tell us what it is.”

After the suspect presumably tells them, he would write it down and leave for his vehicle, leaving the scene all together. There is much research he will need to do.

1 Like

Hayden lets the masked man take over the questioning, and after hearing the number Hayden flies off, looking for a phone booth that he could call the number from

“Wait if it’s illegal for us to exist, will we loose our powers?” Used to the hard sanctity of magical rules, she panicked, assuming they’d somehow loose their powers. She muttered off quietly to herself. “Guess I’ll vote if I can then…”

Adelaide turned pink as Gideon asked her power and jokingly have him a light pat on the shoulder. “Wait aren’t we supposed to keep that stuff secret? You can’t ask a young maiden private info like that!” She pulled her head back in a stifled laughter.

2 Likes

As the radio details the attack on Luthor, ROB shoots up, dropping his diesel pipe.
“Heading over there?” Seth asked.
“I would say so.” The tin-can replied, readying his rockets for take-off.

2 Likes

Gideon grinned. Not exactly a very bright person, but someone interesting to talk to - he had a bit of a conversation drought prior to coming to Metropolis.

“Well, you keep your secrets, and I’ll keep mine.” He chuckled. “Met any other powered folk recently? I imagine Metropolis has more than just you and me.”

Iosif slowly stood and cautiously moved to the end of the alley. The media must have arrived by now, and if they were sufficiently distracted, maybe now was his time to escape…

2 Likes

She gloomily sighed and reached to grab a pack of paper before realizing she had run out. Eh, she had more at home anyway. “No, not really. I don’t feel like trying to talk to any actual important people, feels like I’d waste their time.”

2 Likes

Thelryn, a little startled by his new friend’s disappearing act, caught sight of the masked attacker from the corner of his eye. “Oh, great. It’s going to be one of those days…” he said.

With that, he started to make his way towards the scene of the attack. Though he didn’t know Luthor, nor did he even care about Luthor’s campaign, Thelryn knew that he had to do something…

OOC: Yep, I just had to quote (or at least paraphrase) Lewa with the whole “one of those days” remark.

EDIT (also OOC): Yeah, I decided I had to revise the RP, since, as usual, I wrote it while I was tired. Now, it should make more sense, if such a thing is possible with me :stuck_out_tongue:

After stopping by his apartment to collect a new outfit, as his former clothes had been burned up by igniting in the alleyway, Hayden found a phone booth that he could call the snakebite contact that the potential buyer had given.
After waiting for someone to finish changing in the phone booth, Hayden entered the booth. It took him a minute to figure out how to use the booth, but finally Hayden dialed the number. The phone rang the times before someone picked up, and Hayden heard a voice.

1 Like

Before the security detail or either hero could reach the attacker, it was already too late. The blade-like hair had cut clean through his suit and tshirt and sliced several deep gashes into Luthor’s arm and chest. He falls back off his podium, yelling in pain and alarm as he clutches his wounds.

A moment later and security have got their hands on the perpetrator, who reveals themselves to be a man. “You’re not gonna lock us all away Luthor! You need us! This city would’ve been a crater if Superman and Daybreak hadn’t shown up!” He yells to the candidate, struggling in their grip, “GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!” He roars, his hair whipping back to slash at the faces, arms and chests of the security guards wrestling with him (which thankfully turned out to be androids), the force and severity of the sudden damage causing them to stumble back and let him go.

Unsurprisingly, Vance is far too late at this point to stop the attack, and the android tending to Luthor regards him as a threat as well, throwing a nasty-looking punch in his direction.

An SCU van has already parked in the vicinity, and the troops inside have mobilised around the perimeter, cutting off exits as fast as possible. If Iosif wants to stand any chance of escape, he has to act now.

“Who the hell is this!” Demands the voice on the other side.

2 Likes

“Well, it’s a pleasure for me.” Gideon replied. “Haven’t spoken to anyone with powers since I acquired them. Almost had to walk from Gotham over to here.”

With a forced gulp, Iosif looked back into the alley. He didn’t have enough electricity to begin glowing, and without that definite amount he had no idea how long his electrical charge would supercharge his speed. Any other access points would take too long to smash open and toy with.

Closing his eyes, a small burst of electricity released from him. Then, Iosif bolted out of the alley, tearing down the sidewalk at double his normal running speed, leaving behind extremely faint burn marks in the concrete, headed, of course, in the opposite direction of the cafe.

I hate cops.

2 Likes

The Warden would leap backwards into the Labyrinth to avoid the punch. “Try to be a Good Samaritan to someone I don’t even like and this happens…” he said to himself.

1 Like

“An interested potential costumer.” Hayden replied “I heard a rumor that you got some ‘items’, that sound intriguing.”

Adelaide held out her hands as if pretending to measure something. How far is Gotham again… Oh wait thats a fair distance if I recall.

“Oh huh. You didn’t take a train or anything? What about a car?”

1 Like