DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (Signup and Discussion Topic)

Okay, now I need to come up with an Atlantean name, and I’m certainly open to suggestions :stuck_out_tongue:

Got it. I’ll just remove that.

Yeah, pretty much.

2 Likes

let’s try this again

Name: Vance McGregor
Alias(es): The Warden
Species: Human
Alignment: Skeptical hero
Bio: Vance grew up well, to wealthy parents who are still alive and retired to a small farm. They left their previous estate, a mansion on the outskirts of the city, to him. He lives there alone, and the family business was sold to investors, but he receives a royalty. He was always skeptical of superheroes, never really finding them interesting as a kid, and growing to question their motives. He trusts the government even less, wanting to leave meta-human accountability to meta-humans. A freak incident occurred while touring the R&D department of the company, which he was still connected to through his philanthropic activities. The researchers were demonstrating their work on attempting to find and travel to a theoretical parallel dimension. When the machine was activated, malfunctions occurred, and Vance failed to escape while helping the lab team escape. He got sent to the other dimension, and found a complex maze of varying angles and seemingly impossible construction. He felt a connection to it. Finding himself with powers within the dimension, he was able to traverse it effectively until he discovered how to leave. He designed his own suit, and usually travels the world going after anyone misusing superpowers since he believes in meta-humans holding meta-humans accountable. The snakebite dealing attracted his attention, and he finally decided to bring his crusade to his hometown.
Powers/Abilities/Equipment:

Labyrinth: The name he came up with for his personal pocket dimension. He can send anyone or anything into the dimension if he can force them into a portal. He has increased speed and strength within Labyrinth, and can manipulate the complex maze it’s comprised of. There is one place of escape besides Vance, but it is not likely anyone would be able to traverse the complex structures effectively enough to find it let alone know where they’re even going. The only way anyone but him has gotten out so far is by his release, but most of the people he’s captured have only been lower-level meta-humans, as it’d hard for him to get someone much more powerful in.

It’d be something like this, but on an outer space looking background and the structures would mostly be made of an obsidian looking material.
(Thanks @TichePotato for the idea)

Teleportation: Using Labyrinth, he can teleport by moving within the parallel dimension to the location on earth he’s parallel to. He limits his use of this in combat due to it being more time consuming than traditional teleportation and usually uses it for long distance transportation when his Lambo is not a good alternative

Suit has jet boots for brief flight, made of extremely durable armor, and could be modified with strength enhancing mechanisms (he could pull the mechanisms from the other dimension for short notice scenarios, similar to hulkbuster but not nearly to that extent. Wouldn’t increase his strength to any more than one of Iron Man’s normal suits)

Appearance: Typical mid-late twenties billionaire with auburn hair. Slightly stocky and about average height.

Template by smacksart

1 Like

Yeah, there’s not really an exact science to it, just kind of fantasy-esque, with soft, flowing consonants, “n”, “m”, “h”, “s”, “l”, “f”, and similar, as opposed to say, “k” or “g”. Not to say there aren’t exceptions, there certainly are, but generally that’s how the names go. How about Thelryn?

A marked improvement. Alright, you’re in.

2 Likes

Thanks. Hopefully I’ll be able to stay active :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, that’ll work. Thanks!

I’ll just update my original comment with the new name…

EDIT: All right, the information about my character has been updated.

1 Like

Not to be a butt, just letting informing you that Answer would be in his costume. Not that he wouldn’t be disheveled, that could easily still be accurate based on his actions and demeanor.

Here’s his costume for reference. I don’t think you would/should need to change anything, just wanted to inform you, before I reply. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Okay, we seem to have a bit of a problem here.

No, he wouldn’t. I just barely allowed eL to do what he did because yes, technically centennial park is next to the suicide slum, but there should be some time between her leaving the park and her being anywhere near that alley. This is a secluded drug deal, why would it be happening right next to a political rally?

I must’ve underestimated the ability for this to all snowball into one single thing. Stuff is going to happen at the rally, I was just waiting on a reply. Other people will be after Iosif. We don’t need half the RP cast chasing after two random thugs, okay? Please :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Post the map bro :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I mean, I did in the original post, but just for clarity’s sake:

If you open the image in a new tab, you can zoom in and actually be able to read stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

I had also hoped that “elsewhere in the city” would be enough to say that you can’t just stroll from one of these scenes to the other.

Middle of a city park
Middle of a derelict rundown district of the city itself

1 Like

https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/dc-universe-the-new-age-of-heroes-rp-topic/54675/30?u=tichepotato

Again, the alley is not within sight of the rally.

why it’s wise to have notifs for both topics

1 Like

Yeah, I just deleted my comment. I probably should’ve check this topic before I wrote my RP :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Btw I don’t think I made this clear in Hayden’s profile, but when he has his body engulfed in flames Hayden is resistant to bullets (they melt before hitting him). Although he can’t just ignite after the gun was fired and not be hit.
I just wanted to mention this before it comes up in a situation.

Honestly, I don’t think that’d be a universal thing, especially in a universe with some weird bullets. Lower-calibre, primarily copper/nickel jackets probably would, however then you have hot metal splashing on you. And, for an extreme example, a high-calibre depleted uranium bullet?

Yeah not every kind of bullet but most every day ones

Uh, that’s a pretty major change to a character’s profile, to suddenly clarify that they’re bulletproof after becoming approved. Might wanna run that by with Obsidian before writing it into a scene.

Also,

Likely not. Iosif came to america rather quietly, and I don’t think anyone except a select few in russia’s government would be aware of his origins.

At the same time, if the entire police force swarms his position, it might be common knowledge soon enough :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Why did it send twice wh

Wasn’t it him that was caught by the electrical outlet and that story spread?

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry, I misinterpreted. You called him Dusha Bomba so I thought you were referring to character-specific info.

1 Like

I’m okay with this, but I definitely would’ve preferred if you’d mentioned this on your signups rather than just bringing it up now.

No, I’m sorry, I meant the incident at the diner

1 Like