Help in Stud.io with the Bionicle Parts, and more specifically, the lack thereof.

What with the recent resurgence of popularity for Bionicle, I thought I’d try my hand at MOCing (via Stud.io) for the first time in a few years. However, Stud.io’s collection of Bionicle parts is rather lacking, and my attempts to find and install Bionicle parts has failed to bear fruit.

While I have been able to find a part pack via Reddit, and followed the instructions provided there, I’ve been unable to find those parts within the program itself.

Any help from the very skilled people here would be greatly appreciated, as would some advice on how to improve the scrolling within the part palette. I have repetitive strain injury, and find the slow scroll speed literally painful, forcing me to stop several times during my first foray. The scroll bar itself is arguably even more useless, given the sheer density of parts and the resulting high sensitivity.

7 Likes

coughcoughcoughdropsalinkcoughcoughcough
https://www.reddit.com/user/weedvampires/submitted/

4 Likes

This is awesome. Thanks! Stud.io is missing so many basic parts that it makes it very difficult to work with. This should catapult me forwards.

3 Likes

The basic Bionicle parts aren’t lacking and the first link you posted has enough for you to make reasonable builds. More parts packs will be released over time, as for scrolling in the parts palette, you can select the subsection you want in the upper left and then scrolling within that section rather than from the top.

Aye, but that still doesn’t alleviate the issue of the sensitivity of the scroll bar being absurd, and the slow scrolling when using the scroll wheel. Again, I have RSI and it’s genuinely painful to find parts after a few minutes of looking.

Perhaps increase the speed of the scroll wheel on your PC, if it’s still an issue, increase the size of the right panel by dragging it out, this will decrease the size of your scene but that’s the only other thing I can think of.

Does anyone know how to download the biopack on Mac without a bricklink account?

1 Like

I’m also having trouble downloading the parts pack.

anyone?

@Atobe_Brick @N01InParticular I did you try here?
https://www.reddit.com/r/bioniclelego/comments/imwh9o/comment/g43m3rc?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

yeah, but I think that I need an account to put it into Stud.io, unless I misunderstanding the instructions.

Really?
I don’t think I needed one to download KhingK’s/Galva’s pack onto my Mac.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ll reread the directions and try again tomorrow (It’s pretty late in my timezone rn)

EDIT:
@Jathru_Cranli did you download the main biopic as well?

1 Like

The one by Swampykara? Yup.
Someone posted a google doc somewhere on these boards which was pretty easy to download both it and the Galva pack from; I’ll see if I can find where it was posted.

Follow-up:
I managed to find a link to a reddit thread where the top comment has a link to a google doc that contains four parts packs (Which appear to be 1 from KhingK/Swampykara, 1 from Galva, 1 mini one from Galva, and 1 mini one from a guy named Megawillbot):

https://www.reddit.com/r/bioniclelego/comments/ibmb9l/studio_the_galvapack_and_khingk_pack_both_updated/

2 Likes

oh okay. I think I downloaded Swampykara’s pack a few weeks ago, but I still don’t know how to get it into Stud.io. :confused:

1 Like

You need to create a new folder named “CustomParts” in stud.io files and then put all the files from the downloaded pack there

3 Likes

Or alternatively, you can get the Custom Parts folder made by downloading Stud.io’s sister app, PartsDesigner, and then using it to quickly make a custom part and saving said custom part.

1 Like

I tried that a few hours ago, but nothing happened. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Studio (because some people on reddit were saying that they had to uninstall it for the biopack to work)

I just tried that. I can open the files in PartDesigner, but only one at a time. Is there a way to transfer all of the models to Studio at the same time?

Uhhh not really, you could try that, but for me it worked fine without the reinstall. If you did everything correctly, the contents of the CustomParts folder should look like this:

7e04c68ce88f181dfd0439dbde10aed6

Also keep in mind that custom parts are in a seperate tab in stud.io.

It looks like this, but I assume it just looks different because we have different Mac models.

1 Like