Kopaka GWP MOC Contest Entry: The Bats!

come on, who else did you expect me to make

Behold, my original six bats in the GWP style!

Crumpets

Turnaround

Waffles

Turnaround

Syrup

Turnaround

Sherbet

Turnaround

Toast

Turnaround

Pancakes

Turnaround

All six models are 100% buildable with real pieces. Stud.io files right here:

All renders were done by the wonderful @Alucia!

Original mocs for comparison

Crumpets:

Waffles:

Syrup:

Sherbet:

Toast:

Pancakes (outdated picture, he has a brown/tan jacket now, as the GWP style moc does):

32 Likes

To be honest I don’t think the boards would have allowed you to post anything other than the bats…
These are so cool! I like how you captured the… silhouettes of all of them and all of their details while still scaling them down to the GWP size! Also, where did the wing parts on Crumpets come from? I’ve never seen them before.

9 Likes

They’re miniature versions of the 19x11 wing piece that Crumpets, Sherbet and Pancakes use; I’m not entirely sure when they were introduced, but they unfortunately don’t come in too many colours

they do come in black, though, they’re from the back of this Batmobile:

4 Likes

They look very good.
They capture the look of the standard version and feel like they would fit in with the GWP.

4 Likes

These are great!
I love the little Bios and the posing, your characters have a lot of personality

4 Likes

These are amazing! I love how each one has a little bio and personal font to show off their personalities. And the models themselves are fantastic. If anything I might prefer them over the original mocs. Even though they’ve been downsized, each one is incredibly distinct from one another.

If I had to pick a favorite, I’d probably have to say Toast. I’m a huge sucker for gentle giant type characters, and I love his design. Sherbet is a close second though. I like the added sense of flare her larger wings give her.

6 Likes

I love them! You perfectly captured the design of your MOCs here. And I really enjoyed the bios you wrote for each of them. Great work!

3 Likes

can you do the others

3 Likes

oisli there are 64 other bats that could take months

7 Likes

unless we all helped

3 Likes

Community project?

8 Likes

[Intense camera pan to my extremely serious face]

I’ll get my bat wings.

5 Likes

This is amazing, Monopoly! The amount of effort that went in to not just the builds but the charming character profiles is fantastic. You’ve done a great job of communicating the personalities of each bat both physically and textually.

The builds themselves are also awesome, and capture a good deal of the personality of the originals. Really well done.

I’m in. My bat Shortcake has never actually had a physical manifestation, but I think I’ve more or less got the pieces to build a GWP of her with a few modifications…

5 Likes

THEYRE BACK

think Ill just start running this time

Being serious, the system contraction model actually works really well for these, though Im not a big fan of the chest peice, and the waist articulation would probably be pretty difficult to clean up, but its otherwise a pretty good re-interpenetration

4 Likes

Love everything here Mono :slight_smile:
The edits and the bios add a really lovely touch to them Really well done.

5 Likes

Best entries of any ttv contest ever
Bravo

6 Likes

Monopoly I think these translated really well, and I love all the bios, it really helps to get to know the characters. And I can confirm Syrup’s music tastes are are great because I’ve listened to that playlist twice and it rocks

7 Likes

You know what, I think that your ability to add thick thighs to everything, even a freaking GWP style build, is admirable.

For real though, I am a fan of these. You’ve been able to push the GWP Tahu style to its absolute limit while still keeping it recognisable and without going too far into the custom territory. Basically, the only thing that bothers me is the existence of ankles, but it does make the builds more expressive

7 Likes