Monopoly’s Mocs

WARNING: This post is very picture heavy.

I barely ever post Moc topics here. That’s not because I don’t make Mocs, it’s just that most of them aren’t good enough to get their own topics. I’d still like to show them off, so I’ve decided to just clump them all together into one topic.

Before we start, I’ll just mention that my Mocs don’t really follow the normal Bionicle universe’s guidelines in terms of backstory, mainly due to a limited knowledge of the storyline when I built them. I’ve basically given up trying to fit them in and just decided they live in their own dimension where stupid stuff happens.

Be prepared for some Monopoly Lore™.

Part 1: Toa

This is my team of Toa I’ve had built for almost 5 years now. It used to be a three man team, then five, then six, then back to five and now currently at four. They’re all very simple, with 3/4 being barely altered Inika builds and the outlier being standard CCBS. The team consists of:

Arvak, the team leader. A very strategically-minded Toa of Psionics whose weird sword things allow him (told you these didn’t fit at all) to also be a skilled combatant. He’s stupidly powerful and also has an Olmak for good measure. He’s a great safety enthusiast, at one point banning the use of lavaboards due to health concerns and inadvertently causing a nationwide revolution. He’s always ready to catch hand grenades every time someone throws one at his face.

Here’s his oldest design from mid 2017.

Next up is Rawzak, Toa of Air, Arvak’s slightly dim-witted second-in-command. He loves to make pancakes, even though they always turn out bright yellow and sticky. He’s got a couple of knockoff parts on him, most notably the trans-lime green curved blades protruding from his back.

He hasn’t changed nearly as much as Arvak.

Rounding out the original three is Vorcan, a weird hunchbacked, pincer-handed Toa of Electricity with the voice of an diseased old man. He’s physically and mentally the weakest of the team, spending most of his time trying to account for his knee problems than doing anything remotely useful. He always carries a few packets of stale Maryland cookies around with him in case he ever needs to have a quick snack.

His claws are meant to be used like conducting rods to channel his powers through.

He’s equally similar to his 2017 version.

Puuki is a more recent addition to the team, being introduced in 2019. He’s pretty much just a Toa of Stone with a foldable crossbow. He enjoys visiting M&S Foodhall with his Matoran buddies, where they’ll inevitably end up buying some tuna sandwiches.

Part 2: Makuta and Rahkshi

Cyphor is the leader of the group of Makuta in the region. They used to be at “war” (read: hunting for Easter eggs and weaponising doughnut shops) with the Toa until they just kinda gave up and became friends. Cyphor once accidentally got poisoned when eating medication tablets covered in acrylic paint, which caused him to get very ill to the point that he failed to dodge a flailing sword which decapitated him. Luckily, he got better.

Once again, many similarities are shared with his earlier versions.

Sawdris is the group’s scientist. He shares a close bond with the Rahkshi, acting as a parental figure to keep them from doing anything overly idiotic.

He’s probably changed the least since 2017.

The Makuta team started off with a pair of Heat Vision Rahkshi, who Sawdris genetically modified to bestow them with proper sentience, gender and individuality, becoming Photez and his sister Katuna. When a Rahkshi of Electricity joined the group, Sawdris similarly modified it to become Orzehk, a fairly ditzy heavy metal enthusiast. He loves baked beans and can often be seen hanging around with Tanma and Mazeka, the owners of the local bar, who enjoy his scatterbrained musings.

A year after Orzehk’s arrival, Pyrus joined the Makuta crew, modified from a Rahkshi of Sleep. Pyrus never fails to be comically depressed, but can be often found snooping around with Orzehk, the pair essentially inseparable.

His spine isn’t nearly as pronounced as Orzehk’s electrified mohawk, but it still exists, however diminutive.

Memphis, not to be confused with the American city and the dad from Happy Feet, is the most recent addition to the Rahkshi gang. In the almost three years he’s been around, Memphis has become a partner-in-crime with Katuna, committing various acts of murder, assault, armed robbery, unarmed robbery, online scamming and jaywalking. He’s got both Urdunohk and Zyrek on his list of kills, along with countless others.

His spine is lethally sharp, an issue for when he wants to lie down on his bed and watch abysmal TV shows.

Part 3: The Bois and the Bats

With so much crime going on, Vex and the rest of the Hero Factory try their best to keep the region safe. As the leader of Beta Team, Vex has command over all heroes in the sector, including his second-in-command Furno. But, despite his strict methods, even he can be a bit lenient at times, especially since becoming rather good friends with the locals, spending his days off sitting around in Tanma’s bar with the Toa and Rahkshi.

When he isn’t feeling so lenient, Vex equips his twin boomerangs for both ranged attacks and close combat.

Both boomerangs can be stored on his back when not in use.

A member of the legendary Purple Hand Gam, Mr Bonkle is a self-proclaimed “Toa of Epicness”. He may or may not be a Toa, but he certainly is epic, using his mad parkour skillz and permanently attached skates to take down any multi-dimensional threats.

He never washes his sword, solely for the fact that he can boast that it’s stained with the blood of his enemies.

Our final two characters are the bat twins, Crumpets and Syrup.

Crumpets has seen a lot of action due to some fairly unlawful dimension-hopping antics that she’d rather not get into. She’s broken out of the Bionic States Prison of Bolivia and has gotten into conflicts with the Hero Factory more times than she can count.

Luckily, being a giant bat with built-in machine guns gives you a clear advantage over local police officers, so she’s managed to evade capture so far.

Syrup is less experienced than Crumpets, having not been on a multi-dimensional journey through space and time. She much prefers lounging around doing nothing productive and watching The Lost Boys on repeat.

So that’s all for now. There’s a few characters I’ve left out, but this is mostly everyone I have built. I know that the Monopoly Lore™ sounds utterly ridiculous, but it’s all accurate to those characters.

28 Likes

These are all very nice little mocs. Crumpets and Syrup are my favorites though, you really got a nice asthetic going with these 2 and the bat wing arms look fantastic.

3 Likes

These are all Very Nice™ , but the bats are definitely my favorite.

6 Likes

Monopoly Lore™ is Best Lore™

8 Likes

Rather than make an educated critique of each design, here’s one stupid comment for each model because um

I-It’s definitely not because I’m lazy trust me

This happens often?

You are fired from the self respect club

1: Stop stealing my character traits
2: Stop stealing my old self moc’s character traits

Where the heck is this and can I come

The mocs are somewhat cring but this lore is amazing

So this is just Mutran but he watched the saw films right

So he’s an internet user circa 2017 right

Stop stealing my character traits

You are the only person who remembered this

1: Does this oc exist specifically to have command over Furno as a self insert
2: This lore is getting real wacky

Stop stealing my character traits

This lore is making Christian Faber sweat bullets

I would say to stop stealing my character traits, but there’s no way in miami I’d watch the lost boys even once much less on repeat

Heck yeah bro, Bionicle lore can step aside

6 Likes

wow. um these are all nice but Good Gravy. that was a Lot of text.
Mr bonkle might be simultaneously the best and worst thing I’ve ever seen. the rahkshi are rahkshi. not much to say. the makuta are cool, but the “hands” are too basic for my liking. while they are all really simple, they have a nice aesthetic.

3 Likes

These are all some pretty great mocs! The backstories made me smile

1 Like

They actually look pretty good. The goofy lore made me laugh.

1 Like

@Ghid

Here’s some explanations for a couple of things.

Yes. Arvak isn’t too popular with the general population. Grenades are one of the most prevalent weapon choices in the region, with Orzehk having his house blown up through grenade use on multiple occasions.

M&S Foodhall is a British grocery store.

Puuki and his friends always find great deals there, whether it be on sandwiches, pies, ready meals, snacks, juices or soup.

Most definitely. Orzehk loves being as outdated as physically possible.

Furno’s backstory is quite complicated. As far as I can remember, he was transferred from Alpha Team to Beta Team, serving under Vex and the current second-in command Krusher, being joined by fellow transfers Crog and Goldie.

Furno acted as the team’s musical supervisor, never seen without a pair of huge shoulder-mounted speakers used for blaring the Beta Team’s theme tune everywhere they went. He was generally a lot more laid-back than his teammates and ended up having rather casual friendships with most of the Toa, Makuta and Rahkshi, often joining them in some of their adventures of questionable legality.

He and the other transfers were eventually kidnapped and mutated by the Decepticon Shockwave, who was thwarted after being shot in the eye several times. While Crog and Goldie died of lung cancer, Furno survived and was reverted back to his normal form.

Shortly after, he left the Beta Team to be the leader of his own small squadron, only to meet with Vex again when both heroes arrested the unlawful Hero Daxton Danger. He attended Danger’s court trial, and decided to rejoin Beta Team once the criminal had been appropriately persecuted. As a result of Krusher’s recent death, Furno became the new second-in-command, having authority over Thaddeus Magnus and Rufus Dwight, the heroes previously under Danger’s command.

The Bionic States Prison of Bolivia was a prison set up in a junk universe which the residents had transformed into a fully functioning society. The prison was built in Bolivia by order of the Bionic States government during the presidential rule of Bohrok Obama, however the prison saw a lot more use once Ronald Dump came to power.

During Dump’s rule, Crumpets found herself arrested on the Mexican border and sent to the BSPoB for illegal immigration, where she served her sentence for several years. During 2020, Crumpets managed to escape confinement after Orzehk accidentally took out the entire prison’s electrical system, unlocking all the cell doors and starting a huge riot. The prison was left in ruins once the violence died down, and Dump had no interest in funding the facility’s repair.

5 Likes

this lore is so crazy and I love it

1 Like

Those are some pretty nice MOCs, but The Lore is just pure gold!

Also,

Ha-ha, if you think that this was “a lot of text”, I wonder how you’re going to react to this?

6 Likes

dude could i have instuctions for crumpets and syrup?

1 Like

No one could have known that this post would have started a war.

7 Likes

oh, he knew

4 Likes

No-one would know that it would change their destinies, and his, forever…

2 Likes

Something inside of him knew that something great was going to happen
something terrible…but great.

2 Likes

And it begs the question: “Great War! What’s so great about war? Great War! I keep on marching on! I play the great score, then play an encore. Great War! I keep on marching on…”

• Quote Sabaton, in their album “The Great War”.
3 Likes