Makuta Polnoc and Makuta Osara

No, you’re not seeing double. This is not a two-headed creature either. This is, in fact, a Kaita-like fusion of two Makuta. The orange one in the front is Polnoc and the blue brute in the back is Osara.

Polnoc and Osara, the Dikuta

Species: Makuta (both)
Kanohi: Mura, Great Mask of Fear (Polnoc); Rhyfe, Great Mask of Combat (Osara)
Pieces: 172

Though arrogant and competitive like most of their brethren, Polnoc and Osara found they complimented each other well and were generally more successful in their duties when they worked together than apart. Although not unheard of to see them apart, they always fight as one. Neither Makuta is totally dominant over the other, so at any time Osara can take control, signified by the limbs turning around and the fusion adopting a quadrupedal, bestial stance, and Polnoc can take it back just as easily. Either way, this Dikuta proves a tougher foe than most to anyone foolish enough to oppose their goals.

Trivia

• Continuing the trend of Bionicle mocs inspired by Xenoblade characters, these two are inspired by Consuls O and P from Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Though the Consuls are not physically joined most of the time in the same way that Polnoc and Osara are, O and P have similarly dividual characteristics to the point that neither has any scenes without the other.
  • The term “Dikuta” isn’t an official term for their fusion nor did Polnoc and Osara come up with it themselves, but they have taken the name in stride.
  • This is what the two Makuta look like when they’re not fused. Polnoc (144 pieces) formerly wielded two pikes before abandoning them to prioritize adapting the Dikuta fusion. Osara’s (126 pieces) fighting style did not change apart from gaining more agility during the fusion.

23 Likes

Another Chandy post, another creative Makuta moc, both in concept and execution.

Building techniques are generally pretty good. This makuta certainly has an intimidating silhouette, and the concept of two beings fused into one helps with that for sure.

5 Likes

I’ve said many time before that I like creative Makuta designs, and this definitely fits that description.

Do you have any plans to create separate models of each Makuta in their base forms?

5 Likes

I do. Just not yet.

4 Likes

ah cool, i like the lore and just concept alone, say nothing for the wonderful looking moc, i like their distinct color schemes and build

5 Likes

This is such a unique concept and design and I love it.

5 Likes

Ooh, this is very interesting. l Iike the idea of this a lot and the execution is great too.

5 Likes

“Symmetrical Docking!”
I love combiners. You’ve got a mighty brilliant build there.

4 Likes

Nice work

3 Likes

I like the blue/orange combo plus the idea of a Makuta kaita is pretty cool
Nice moc

4 Likes