Meet the Maker: Art Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #2)

A question from a friend: given that Perp3tual made a lot of other art alongside the winning piece, is it possible to include those on BS01 in some way, or are you guys just going to stick with the one picture?

3 Likes

It could maybe be added as concept art.

7 Likes

Congratulations @Perp3tual! You did well concerning the mystique of Artahka, but also conveying the menace and power of his being. A worthy addition to the trove of Bionicle canon.

7 Likes

Some of that is already in the gallery, but we’re not adding EVERYTHING. We did link to the original topic, as well as this one.

8 Likes

Are there any instructions for the model available?

1 Like

These are also in the original entry post for the MOC:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see that :smiley:
Congratulations!
@Eljay will you release final votes?

2 Likes

Meso posted them in their respective topics.

5 Likes

Oh, cool. I understand not adding everything, but I’m happy that more of the art will be on the site.

1 Like

Congratulations. Like most of the entrants this artwork is absolutely gorgeous but definitely one of me favourites.

Personally I’m glad the next contest isn’t starting till next year. These contests are supposed to be fun and as eager as I am to show off my Lariska, trying to rush through them is just going to kill that fun. Best to savour the experience.

4 Likes

Well deserved! It’s kinda surreal that Artakha has an official appearance now.

6 Likes

Congratulations!! @Perp3tual your artwork and design of the Mask of Creation is beautiful, and a great addition to the canon.

2 Likes

AM I THE ONLY ONE RELIVED THAT THE NEXT CONTEST IS NEXT YEAR??

7 Likes

In before Dec. 31, 2021

1 Like

I know for a fact that at least one other person is also relieved.

Speaking for a friend, of course.

3 Likes

You just might be. :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet a lot of the MOCists are okay with it, in all honesty; it’d probably get tiring pretty quick to keep jumping from one contest to another immediately. While I’m kinda sad that it means new additions to canon will be trickling in slowly, I think it’s for the best.

5 Likes

Can we at least ask who it will be?

The Toa Hagah.

On that note: will we at least get the ruleset before 2021? Or will it be a complete contest blackout?

2 Likes

I was really counting on @Crunchy’s entry to win, but this one is awesome nonetheless! Fantastic job @Perp3tual!

5 Likes

I’m almost completely happy with the results. My only, and very small gripe is the dominance of grey over green, but that is me nit-picking. I’m glad there won’t be another contest until after the holidays. I’m expecting to receive Bionicle pieces for Christmas, so I’ll be locked and loaded for future contests.

2 Likes