Meet the Maker: Art Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #2)

It’s still fun to have headcanons tho. I already started calling it the Kanohi Hanga.

1 Like

I just confirmed it with @Perp3tual, the 3 is correct.

9 Likes

I don’t have gold paint yet

3 Likes

Is there anything stopping him from giving it a non-copyrightable name? Just a common English (or other language) word?

I know that Lego ran into trouble with the Maori back in the day by doing that, but I don’t think it would be a problem as long as you don’t pick a word that has cultural significance in the given language.

1 Like

No. He can not approve new names, and we’re not aiming to get any canonized.

7 Likes

It has one. The Mask of Creation.

11 Likes

I was actually just thinking about that myself; it is entirely possible that the mask doesn’t have a special name, even in canon.

It was made as a unique object, directly by the Great Beings. They could have just not assigned it a given name.

4 Likes

The other legendary masks have names, so the Mask of Creation probably does have a name in-universe. It’s just not something greg or the other story people probably got around to coming up with, and so we’re never going to know.

4 Likes

I doubt it. They created the mask of life and they give it a name. Why wouldn’t they have given this one a name? It will remain in the unanswered question in BIONICLE.

4 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

Congrats to @Perp3tual for winning the contest I was rooting for it from the beginning and I can’t wait for Galva to publicly release the mask.

2 Likes

A question from a friend: given that Perp3tual made a lot of other art alongside the winning piece, is it possible to include those on BS01 in some way, or are you guys just going to stick with the one picture?

3 Likes

It could maybe be added as concept art.

7 Likes

Congratulations @Perp3tual! You did well concerning the mystique of Artahka, but also conveying the menace and power of his being. A worthy addition to the trove of Bionicle canon.

7 Likes

Some of that is already in the gallery, but we’re not adding EVERYTHING. We did link to the original topic, as well as this one.

8 Likes

Are there any instructions for the model available?

1 Like

These are also in the original entry post for the MOC:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see that :smiley:
Congratulations!
@Eljay will you release final votes?

2 Likes

Meso posted them in their respective topics.

5 Likes

Oh, cool. I understand not adding everything, but I’m happy that more of the art will be on the site.

1 Like