Miserix in his prime

There are a lot of ways I could’ve tackled a Miserix MOV, but most of them involve making titans and I’ve never been good at making those. So rather than make a MOV of the character during the present day, I decided to depict him during his time as the Leader.

Makuta Miserix, Leader of the Brotherhood

Species: Makuta
Kanohi: Zygoux, Mask of Mutation
Pieces: 147

One would be hard-pressed to call Miserix a nice man during his time leading the Brotherhood, but he was always fair in his judgments, ruling with a sense of honor and devotion to the Great Spirit. He was always somewhat cautious of those beneath him, but made it a point to reward obedience and performance within his ranks, such as assigning his top lieutenant Teridax to be the supervisor of the prized city of Metru Nui and appointing Toa Cuurini as the leader of his personal project, The Toa Hagah.

A man as strong in his faith as he is in his element, he was shocked and appalled once he realized that the point of Teridax’s convocation wasn’t just to overthrow him, but essentially a call to overthrow and surpass a god. Enraged by the treason, stupidity, and blasphemy, Miserix attempted to end Teridax’s reign before it could begin, but when push came to shove, only one stood by Miserix’s side. As he was being dragged out to his execution, Miserix took one last look at Teridax–a man he had trusted with his life a thousand times over and possibly even considered a friend–and finally began to embrace his inner monster.

Trivia

• I headcanon that Krika spelled everything out to Miserix regarding the reasons he ultimately sided with Teridax and his giving the former Leader a chance at survival, however slim they may have been.
  • Miserix certainly had a knack for transforming into reptilian forms (I chose a lizard looking mask for this reason), but I find it unlikely that he was a massive dragon before absorbing all those Klakk as he implied in Federation of Fear; hence I feel justified making his Leader appearance roughly Toa-sized.
19 Likes

He gives me Turaga Dume vibes. Nice moc!

7 Likes

He looks tiny.

3 Likes

The point is that this was Miserix’s appearance before being imprisoned and absorbing 75 millennia+ worth of klakks.

5 Likes

An excellent rendition of Miserix! I especially like the render of him in chains. God knows it can be hard to do dynamic poses well in Stud, but you’ve done a great job here.

I have to wonder, though, where’d you get that cape?

4 Likes

I totally cheated using nearly exclusively BURPs and LURPs but I’m not patient enough to design truly custom backgrounds. They get the job done, so why not use the tools? :wink:

I actually made that particular cape part myself in Parts Designer just by importing a regular minifig cape and upsizing it. The capes found in Kardas’s pack, while not of the same design, were insanely helpful in getting the size I wanted.

4 Likes