Some of my oldest Makuta characters

As the title suggests, the two characters in this post are among the first MOCs I’d created after learning how to use Studio, both dating back to roughly December 2021 (although one was updated this past week).

Makuta Archenora

Species: Makuta
Kanohi: Dolicho, Great Mask of Insect Control
Pieces: 95

Archenora (ARR-ken-OR-ah) was part of the group of four Makuta that I posted to Reddit in December 2021. Of the four, he’s the only one that really stands out as a design that I really like–the four were originally planned to be Loyalists, but I quickly grew to dislike that idea and scrapped it–and as such is the only one from that collection who’s likely to be inducted into my Catalogue of Makuta. Even so, the backstory I came up for Archenora has already been taken up by Taszeid for the most part, so I’ll have to brainstorm another for him.

Makuta Vernaat, the Loyalist

Species: Makuta
Kanohi: Akaku, Great Mask of X-ray Vision
Pieces: 99

We all know the convocation story, so I’m just going to skip the build-up and get to the relevant part. Whereas the four other Loyalists sheepishly defected upon realizing how outnumbered they were, Vernaat (vur-naht) stood his ground and defiantly reaffirmed his loyalty to Miserix, loudly denouncing the four as cowards. After ordering Spiriah and Krika to execute Miserix, Teridax ordered the room to be cleared so he could have a private talk with Vernaat.

Teridax attempted one last time to sway him to his side, but Vernaat told him to dispense with the pleasantries; he knew very well that death would be the only outcome no matter the choice he made, so he decided that if he was going to die, he would do so with his honor. Teridax actually found himself impressed with Vernaat’s resolve, and almost felt bad to let him go, and so granted the smaller Makuta a quiet, quick, and painless death.

The other four weren’t so lucky…

12 Likes