One Rain-Soaked Evening in Destral (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)

Thanks for bearing with me folks, particularly to the mods for the extra three weeks!

Based largely on the comic book art, of course, much referencing for the textures and colours particularly. I went with all the same colours as the original entry - after all, they all look great as-is.

The only change: per designer wishes, Gaaki gets Galva’s updated mask Toa Hagah Gaaki's Mask of Clairvoyance by Galva - Thingiverse

45 Likes

Really love your style! Can’t wait to see the rest

2 Likes

One hour left. I hope you finish in time, because it’s looks really good so far.

2 Likes

it’s eastern standard time - the deadline is thirty mins from now, so I just crept in!

thanks for appreciating my early draft so much! It was a race to meet the deadline, I have now updated the image - hope y’all enjoy the finished copy

moved to artwork

The movie style gukko is a nice touch.

2 Likes

Buzzer beater with this one, but it turned out great! I particularly appreciate the furry Gukko touch. Good luck in the contest!

1 Like

Kualus riding Rahi symbolize the character very well

1 Like

This entry is lovely, glad it got in at the last minute. The art style is really nice, and I like that Kualus is riding anything other than a Kikanalo for a change. Good luck!

1 Like

Glad that you got it finished in time! It looks very good.

1 Like

Thank you so much for entering! Unfortunately, we’ve detected an issue regarding adherence to the contest rules. The current version of your artwork is missing the shields from both Kualus and Gaaki, which constitutes a significant omission from the original models. If you could please add the shields within the next seven days, your entry will be fully accepted and move on to the polls!

1 Like

Iruini needs his shield added too, per this post from Willess (Iruini was not depicted with a shield in either of these two works):

1 Like

Apologies for this, but we do need to request further modification to your entry following some some policy inconsistencies that have been brought to our attention.

Following feedback from community members, it has been decided that, in addition to adding shields to Gaaki and Kualus, Norik and Iruini’s shields must be at least partially visible as well.

As long as the four shields are added in the next seven days, your entry will be good to go for the polls.

1 Like

Hello @Blue,
I am here to notify you of the fact that you have entered the final day of the period for making the requested changes. Please make sure to post them in time.
If you know you won’t be able to make it and need more time, please sent us a PM and we can discuss an extension.

ToaKebaka

2 Likes

It’s been quite the week, and I’ve been a little under the weather, but I’m putting in the shields now. Even giving Gaaki’s armour a shine, since I’ve been made aware the moc has more silver.

Thanks all, for this time to make things right.

14 Likes

While we are allowing that, we do wish to note that

To ensure that we don’t have to recheck every entry multiple times, we are asking that any changes be run by us first.

So basically: yes, you can do that, but ask first next time.

5 Likes

Shields now in place!

14 Likes

Thank you for making the requested changes. Your entry is now eligible for the polls!

As a side note: love the “sorry I’m late” doodle.

5 Likes