Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

We can’t let this topic die, so favorite characters? Mine is Ozpin. Very mysterious.

My favorite character (having only seen Volume 1) would have to be Pyra or Blake.

1 Like

My absolute favorite character is the series would have to be Jaune! Sometime this summer I will be cosplaying him, so keep on a look out for me posting it :wink:

1 Like

My favorite character would have to be either Weiss or Coco :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So thinking about a post that was put out a while back talking about how OPed the characters where in the season 2 finale , and after watching both seasons through again I noticed how they slowly began to be able defeat grimm on their own. After all that’s what they were at Beacon for is to train to be able to defeat grimm on their own. It would make sense that they would be able to beat the “weaker” grimm by themselves maybe even smaller groups of them too.

2 Likes

It should be noted, Rooster Teeth announced that RWBY will continue with Volume 3 this year.

"Hello everyone-

Given the excitement and questions that came out of PAX East over the weekend (sorry we couldn’t be there!), maybe now would be a good time to talk briefly about the future of RWBY’s production.

RWBY Volume 3 will indeed premiere this year. While the animation crew is hard at work on RvB13, RWBY is returning to the early stages of pre-production. Kerry and Miles are getting ready to dive into the scripts, and I’m talking to the guys about pre-viz. Meanwhile, Shane’s already choreographing a new fight sequence (Argh - want to tease this matchup so much! Let’s just say Yang intends to teach someone a well-deserved lesson), and our tenacious tech team is getting the production pipeline ready.

For those wondering, Monty was heavily involved in shaping the future of the world of Remnant. His story ideas will live on, and you will also be able to see some of the animation he’d begun working on for Volume 3. For some time, the team has known the direction in which the next volumes will be headed, and Rooster Teeth is committed to bringing these tales to you.

So, while it’s too early to go into any further detail, be assured that the adventures of Ruby Rose and her friends will continue as planned. 'Til then, please keep sharing your writing, art and photos. They mean so much, now more than ever. They keep us going, and we love seeing them as much as we love sharing our stories with you.

Warm regards,
Gray, Kerry, and Miles"

http://roosterteeth.com/news/entry.php?id=5678655

6 Likes

gasp

S-so it will continue? My heart is ablaze with this news…

5 Likes

It makes me happy that the story will not take any alternate routes, striving away from the original idea. This is getting me super-hyped!

5 Likes

Hurray!

Well, now that we have confirmation that RWBY will, indeed, continue, I have one pressing concern.
Since Mr. Oum is…no longer with us, what will happen to Ren?

I would have asked this earlier, when it was more topical, but I was too afraid of being screamed at for daring to ask a logical question instead of writing some grief-stricken “rest in peace” comment.

4 Likes

Sorry if this counts as necroposting, but whatever.

@haloblast Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on RWBY?

2 Likes

If it’s going to be so agonizing then just get it over with.

2 Likes

Just don’t watch it. Let bygons be bygons

I don’t get enraged easily. Besides, I’m legitimately curious. You’re building it up as this huge rant tearing the entire show limb from limb. It’s as if you’re just waiting to give your thoughts on it. And I’m giving you the opportunity. Not to start an argument. Just to have a simple discussion. I can only assume that you disagree with me greatly on this matter, so let’s just see what you’ve got to say.

5 Likes

If you don’t insult anyone here and keep your language PG, I think you’ll be fine.

Protip, when posting stuff like that, use /s. It’s used here when we mean our post as a joke or just not being series.

2 Likes

Well I mean, not to be rude, but just try to state your opinion without cursing and insulting/offending a whole bunch of people. You don’t have to go on these tangents about how you feel an urge to kill a fictional character just because you think they suck, then compare said fictional character to a ruthless dictator.

3 Likes

Oh.
Oh you did not just go there.
You did not.

7 Likes

Pretty much what Kyoryu said.

For instance, I have a great distaste for the Bayformers interpretation of Optimus Prime.

That doesn’t mean I have to go about saying I want to kill him and compare him to Vlad the Impaler.

I can argue my dislike for him without that.

2 Likes

Kamen Rider, is in NO WAY a Power Rangers Ripoff.
In fact, it came out 30 years before Power Rangers ever did.
Proof?

3 Likes

Kamen Rider Kuuga, from Kamen Rider Kuuga, a show in the Kamen Rider franchise. A franchise that was running well before Power Rangers was even a thing, let alone the original Japanese series.

Now, back on topic. How do you guys think RWBY will change without Monty?

1 Like