The Antidermis pool (Gilahu's Brotherhood Project Makuta WIPs)

Waist articulation incorporated (and I remember again now why I don’t use it normally - not just because I only have one design, but also because the joint is too weak to be comfortable on this scale - it just about has enough friction to work).
And while I was at it I also redid the back of the upper legs for better freedom of articulation on the hip joints and that 90° knee bend I always try to achieve.

Noticing that a polearm does not work particularly well with a wide cloak, though. A single-handed weapon would probably work better. Though I still like the look of this. Turned it into more of a Naginata now.

Thoughts?

10 Likes

Looks pretty cool!

3 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, what design did you use for the waist?

Also I feel like the polearm can work, maybe just shorten it slightly or just have the moc hold the polearm more towards the end, so the back of it doesn’t hit the cloak

4 Likes

A studio file including the waist design is linked in my Lariska topic. As said, I only have that one design :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hm… obviously not finished, but I guess this will be the general idea for the hood.

Should maybe have made it a bit wider, then again once I fix the holes for the horns, there will be a little more room again. Probably will also need to attach a third piece for the forehead in order to space out the middle horn.

And as you can see, something while sewing on the hood messed up how the cape falls on the left. Need to fix that, too, though I think I have a rough idea how.

@MysteryMuffin Shall I proceed with the hood or rather detach it again?

Other people’s opinions are of course also welcome.

6 Likes

I like what I see so far, I have no issue with it being continued.

4 Likes

He looks incredible! the cape gives off a spooky count Dracula vibe and that head is crazy good! I think I read its custom, and crooked but I have to look real hard before I notice anything. I’d say well done!! Does this Makuta have a name?

4 Likes

Yes:

Looks pretty nice thus far. The hood looks really good on her.

4 Likes

Turned out the hood was too small, so I made a new one. Looking promising so far now, but I need to redo the piece on the forehead. That ended up being so small that it was just barely possible to sew, and it shows. Also it’s a bit small, maybe. What do you think of it being red? Lining the entirety of the hood I don’t think would look good, but having that colour accent there…

Currently, the new plan would be something along these lines:

Thoughts?

9 Likes

I’m having a hard time seeing how far forward it goes. Could you get a side angle?

4 Likes

Goes about as far forward as possible without making the forehead part longer - which I think I would attempt. At least to get a little more length. Would need to make it more stiff, too, though…

6 Likes

I think you should keep the lining, the pop of color would make the moc look less monochromatic

4 Likes

Hm… I fear this is as good as it gets, but I don’t really feel convinced by it…

8 Likes

I think that looks sick, personally speaking.

5 Likes

What part did you use for the end of the spear with the Exo-Force arms?

3 Likes

This one:
50018a

Came within “accessory” packs in some Super Heroes sets, apparently.

5 Likes

So, I finally acquired enough Carapar armor pieces to continue with @Ahkmou 's Belgahn. Wasn’t quite happy with the arms anymore, though, so here’s an attempt at a different design. The upper arms are posing a real problem, however - not a lot of space to work with here, and the armor shells on the shoulder and the lower arm quite limit the options if I want to retain decent poseability.

On the left the old arm, on the right the new arm.

Opinions?

11 Likes

If you’re going for maximum bulk I’d suggest keeping the upper arm and hand and swapping out the lower arm, but that might make the arm a bit too long.

3 Likes

Yeah, length is one issue. Though the more severe problem for a bulkier upper arm design unfortunately is that with the Carapar shell on the lower arm the elbows could hardly bend anymore since the parts interfere with each other.

4 Likes

Guess this works for Belgahn. Now time to consider how to do a little cape for him…

Meanwhile, I’ve also started on @Xing1870 's Makuta Chisk.

Original:
Makuta Chisk

I have a rough idea where I want this to go, too. I definitely want a hood on him to hopefully make the Mahiki look better. And I think as a tool I’m giving him some kind of instrument (possibly in addition to daggers). A violin/fiddle-like thing maybe.
This is kinda the inspiration:

9 Likes