The Book of Dreams

My guy, it’s midnight.

how do you muster the energy?

4 Likes

Would anyone like to take a guess as to who shows up in this chapter?

Well someone’s cst

Time does not tell Ghid when he can and cannot have dinner at 3 in the morning sometimes! I am a strong independent woman and I work minimum wage

10 Likes

oh hey, my son is here.

7 Likes

This made me laugh, thanks man

3 Likes

I think the squishy yellow guy is @Vile_Cephalopod
Oh I guess cordax appears in this chapter too

2 Likes

Hm…

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?!

How did R manage to leave the box on the bike, if he had like half a second before Diero caught him?

But I have some great news!

Tott doesn’t blink, which further confirms that he’s a cat.

Also, this is an epic moment:

Everyone’s favourite puny and annoying, yet adorable kid is finally here!

9 Likes

ugh, I’m now two chapters behind

after today school will be o v e r

3 Likes

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you.”
― George Bernard Shaw

How indeed, seeing as it wasn’t on the bike when it got stolen? :thinking:

6 Likes

Oh, so it was stolen… I assume that it happened in the tower when everyone’s attention was on TottallyNotACat beating up Diero… uh, I mean R. It wasn’t confusing at all and it was clearly written that he beat up R, not Diero, why would anyone think otherwise?!

Also, Ghid, you should sue Steven King for stealing the plot of the Book of Dreams through time travelling. It was so naive of him to think that we wouldn’t notice that his book series about a group of idiots (comprised of a stereotypical cowboy person, a child-sized person, a two-in-one person and a guy who constantly gets knocked around) who travel to an impossibly tall tower to stop an eldritch deity from conquering the reality is a ripoff of Ghid’s masterpiece!

6 Likes

Ayo same

2 Likes

He certainly possesses the two characteristics most important to my name.
I’m just waiting for someone to use it in jest, like “What are we going to do about that Vile Cephalopod?”

6 Likes

is it a time loop

are you sure that Ghid isn’t Steven King and secretly predicted this masterpiece?

oh hey, I’m here now

2 Likes

Book of dreams is loop 2 electric boogaloo confirmed?

5 Likes

BUT I THOUGHT YOU WERE TOTT

If this is the plot of a book of his I would have no idea
I’ve never read anything Steven King

no wait what I meant to say was I am Steven King and I have no jawbone

5 Likes

No, I am Tott, but Cordax is like Eilrach in the way that I can be in control of multiple host bodies. The Cordax we see in this chapter is my main body, while Tott is merely just a puppet of my influence.

7 Likes

Nah, Tott’s more like your identical, less whiny twin.

1 Like

with lung cancer

5 Likes

Ch 11

Chapter 12

“You’re not hurt?”

I waved the inquisitive Diero away. Bullet wounds could wait till later.

“Do I know you?” I asked the kid in the purple hoodie. Incredibly, he was even shorter than myself. Quite impressive. I wonder, does he have all his internal organs?

“Monopoly said you’d be coming at some point.” He responded, causing me to start and look dead into his glowing blue eyes. “But man, you should’ve seen it! There was this big factory, and a nuclear bomb testing chamber, and this Eilrach guy possessed dead bodies and one of the nukes actually went off and I threw up a little and acK-”

“You were there?” chromeboy said as he throttled the kid. “Who are you? What’s your name? What’s your connection to Monopoly? What- OW!” He retreated in pain as the kid has jammed the pointy end of a knife into a gap in his shin armor.

“Let’s get one thing straight,” The now armed and dangerous kid mumbled, waving the knife around. “I don’t appreciate being called ‘kid’ by every tomm, dick and harry that barges into- well, this isn’t my house, but regardless, I also don’t like being choked by every moll, nell and sue that does the same either. Or that does anything!” He swung the knife dramatically. “I don’t like being choked period! I do like to stab people, though, so get close to me again and I’ll show you why the rest of your kind fears the name Cordax.”

That was enough. I began advancing on this Cordax, not because I desired to help the cause of these neanderthals, but simply because I wanted some answers of my own. He jolted, holding the knife threateningly. My advance slightly slowed, but otherwise proceeded. He backpedaled, ran into some furniture of some sort, and from the gloom of the shadow he sprung at me, burying the knife deep into my chest.

I looked at it for about ten seconds before he tried to pull it out. He couldn’t. It was lodged too deep. I pulled at the cigarette as he cowered at the mild orange glow of my eyes which glared out of the bottom of their sockets at him, matching the glow of the cigarette as I sucked on it.

“I want to know where Monopoly is, Cordax.” My voice was calm, with a slight roughness emanating from the throat. It was enough to paralyze him in that moment. “I want to find him, and give him what he is owed.” I pulled the knife out of my chest in a dramatic fashion, tugging on it with my full strength before it dislodged. “And you’re going to take me to him. Agreed?”

I held the knife by the blade, extending the handle to the terrified figure. I had not noticed at the time, but my shaking had dramatically lessened. Cordax glanced at the knife, then up to me, contemplating the situation he had been thrust into, when I suddenly began getting very tall… No, scratch that, it was Diero hoisting me by the collar and ruining the situation entirely. Piece of trash Diero and his stupid hat.

“Take us to him, or you’ll be needing far more than a knife to save you.” chromeboy declared, trying - and as evident by Cordax’s expression, failing - to be threatening. “Monopoly is wanted for the illegal detonation of an atomic weapon and the murder and aggressive assault of a number of individuals, including,” He pulled a piece of paper out of some hidden pocket and unfolded it, running his eyes across it. “Racie, Krelikan, Pakari, Wild, Agent Bir-”

Cordax had prompted him to cease by plastering an expression of the utmost horror across his big yellow head. “Racie is dead? Pakari is dead?”

“Racie is dead.” chromeboy replied, leveraging as much of a serious tone as he could. I elbowed Diero in the ribs to get him to drop me, which he responded to in the utmost shock. Again. “Pakari is MIA. Krelikan was assumed dead until recently. Winger is MIA as well, and a good number of other operatives are either dead or MIA, but these are the ones we know for certain he and his accomplice killed.”

Cordax became suddenly very nervous. “No, I didn’t- I didn’t kill anybody!” He managed to backpedal even more into the furniture and fell on the ground. “And if I’m being totally honest, accomplice is such a strong term-”

He suddenly went silent, and I could almost see the reflection of the mental gears turning behind his eyes. “Is that a nuclear warhead?”

Everyone in the room - yes, even me - turned to look at Diero and the large metallic nose cone he held under his arm. He looked at it, then back up to us, and slowly raised his gun at it as if shooting it would automatically trigger a detonation. Worst part is, I think he might actually survive that going off.

“Diero.” chromeboy grumbled, causing Diero to slowly lower the gun again. “Look, Cordax,” He turned back towards the yellow-headed lad crumpled on the carpet. “We’re trying to make this as easy of a process as possible for everyone involved. That means the more reluctant you are to assist, the less easy this is for all of us. So save us the extra effort of getting the information from you through other means-”

“And save me the maudilinism.” I shoved my way past chromeboy’s big, stupid tall leg. Oh yes, chromeboy was definitely tall, or at least taller than me. But I could probably have him adjusted if he decided to gloat. “Stolidity for your poignant prodding of the moppet aside, do you actually think this disappointing delinquent cares if you’re inconvenienced? I can’t believe I’m resorting to denigrating the exertions of my shanghaiers because I’m somehow pitying the possible murderer you’re cornering just because of how incompetent you are.”

“What’s a maundalinism?” Cordax mumbled as I approached him.

“It’s a bathos, now shut up.” I replied, the answer clearly not satisfactory to Cordax. “Stop trying to make me look stupid while I’m making myself look stupid. Now you idiots can either keep failing at intimidating him or you can actually accomplish your goal of finding Monopoly. What will it be? Your way, which clearly doesn’t work?” I handed the knife back to Cordax, handle first as I had done before, knowing he would finally accept it. “Or mine, which will?”

Chromeboy and Jethryn looked at each other for a moment, clearly upset about the hardihood I displayed in deprecating their efforts. Cordax rolled the knife around in his hand, clearly concerned about the current scenario, but trying to hide it all the same. Diero glanced from one person to the next about ten times before shrugging and casually setting the nuclear warhead on a counter, it immediately buckling under the weight and causing the wall to groan. I could almost hear Cordax jump in response.

“Way I see it,” Diero languidly leaned against the warhead to keep it from falling over. “Tott here is either helping us out a bunch or is about to get rolled in a carpet and lit on fire along with the rest of this dump.”

“Hey,” Cordax piped. “this ‘dump’ happens to be Monopoly’s house! And it was perfectly tidy until you morons got here!”

“Tidy folk don’t forget their doorknobs, shorty.” Diero replied, suddenly bringing up the southern drawl for no reason whatsoever. “Unless you had that done to help the circulation of air? Does seem a bit stuffy here.”

Cordax crossed his arms. “No, someone must have broke in. I can’t find anything missing, but something must be - I don’t know who would break a doorknob for no reason.”

I pulled the collar of my coat closer to my neck. Today was a bad day to wake up.

Ch 13

9 Likes