Toa Hagah, Pride of the Elite, Entry Topic for BIONICLE Canon Contest #3 Honor Guard

Entry Thumbnail.

To prove that the models themselves haven’t been altered here is the original render for the thumbnail.

Ok, I think we are all on the same page now. Hello my name is Tarkur, this is my entry for the Bionicle Canon Contest #3 Honor Guard.

Let’s first address the rooms’ very heavy elephants by some housekeeping. These models were all built in stud.io so they had a great leniency with using parts in unique colors without committing the crime of painting pieces but at the cost of not having access to every piece ever. Furthermore the 1-1-1-1-1-1 split is a personal preference of mine, however I do realize that people are more interested in good 2-2-2 or 3-3 splits with that said I do give consent to change the metallic color would one of my models make it to the top. However I won’t give consent to change mask or spear tips as those are part of their unique design.

If you want a deeper dive into the design process for each Hagah I suggest you check out this topic.

Instructions for my designs (which will be this entry’s equivalent to breakdown photos) can be found here.

Lastly if you have any questions regarding my designs feel free to ask them below. Feedback and constructive criticism is always welcomed!

Hagah #1

Name: Bomonga
Element: Earth
Armor Color(Stud.io name): Chrome Gold
Spear tip: Climbing claw
Kanohi: A great Kakama shaped mask of growth

Action pose

Front view

Right side view

Left side view

Back view

Size comparison with Irunii and a ruler built from plates calculating the height in bricks.

Hagah #2

Name: Gaaki
Element: Water
Armor Color(Stud.io name): Reddish gold
Spear tip: Rahkshi staff of poison
Kanohi: A great Ruru shaped mask of clairvoyance

Action pose

Front view

Right side view

Left side view

Back view

Size comparison with Irunii and a ruler built from plates calculating the height in bricks.

Hagah #3

Name: Kualus
Element: Ice
Armor Color(Stud.io name): Metal blue
Spear tip: A HF blade with system add ons
Kanohi: A Noble Rau shaped mask of Rahi control

Action pose

Front view

Right side view

Left side view

Back view

Hagah #4

Name: Pouks
Element: Stone
Armor Color(Stud.io name): Metallic black
Spear tip: A Matoro blade with added Visorak legs to make a halberd esc design
Kanohi: A great Miru shaped mask of Emulation

Action pose

Front view

Right side view

Left side view

Back view

Size comparison with Whenua with the same brick ruler to prove that Pouks fits within the rules.

With Pouks that should be about it, until next time and good luck everyone who is entering this contest.

//Tarkur

Edit for rule compliance:

Stud.io files can be found here.

43 Likes

Nice! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I like especialy Pouks’ design, and its shouler armor’s buildings!

3 Likes

I like them still. But pouks may be a bit to short

Now just link it to the Entry topic.

Right, I should rerender him then, did. not realize he was a bit too short

1 Like

And this is my problem with that arbitrary height rule. This is about as standard of a build as you could get; it’s not like you pulled out some ridiculous custom design to make him shorter than Whenua. Why shouldn’t it be allowed?

2 Likes

looks like he’d be the same size as Whenua to me

4 Likes

Vahki legs are slightly shorter unfortunately, I intended him to be Noriks height anyway so I don’t mind rerendering him.

1 Like

Are they? I have both metru and vahki legs in my hand right now and they look exactly the same length to me.

3 Likes

No you are right, just checked… The Vahki legs has always struck me as shorter for some reason.

Edit: I’ll render him with Whenua as well. To make it a bit more fool proof

3 Likes

Same. So I guess the height rule makes sense here, since it’s impossible to be shorter than Whenua without a custom build.

(Right?)

Also, these look good. I like the creativity for Pouks’s weapon.

3 Likes

Actually by connecting the sockets vertically on the foot makes the figure slightly shorter edit: also by placing a T socket on the non hunch neck hole it gets even shorter

Ok I just saw that Whenua has the same short torso apparently, so you’re good. I thought that he was a bit longer, so sorry.

1 Like

No problem its resolved now.

3 Likes

I love Pouks spear! Pretty awesome!

4 Likes

These are a nice display of what can be done to basic Metru builds. How does Kualus’ shoulder armor connect?

1 Like

Like this:
Skärmklipp
It uses a balljoint to attach two 2l half liftarms with axel holes to create a similar structure to the Mask of creation stand from 2015

4 Likes

I see. That’s a good technique.

2 Likes

This is fantastic tech!

1 Like

Interesting use of Gali’s mask on Kualus’s shoulders!

2 Likes

Gaaki’s armor is very neat, but Bomonga’s speartip seems… laughably small for a spear. Even so, they look pretty good overall.

1 Like

Awesome work on these Hagah! Also where’d you get the background image for the instructions since I’m interested in using it for my instruction on my entry?

1 Like