Why was gresh a bionicle star?

instead of gresh it should have been kopaka

But if it was Kopaka, then there would be two white characters, and no green characters!

I think that the choices were okay.

2 Likes

or maybe lewa

Well if it were 01 Lewa, there would be two 2001 Mata good guys
If it were 02 Lewa, there would be two Nuva good guys
If it were 08 Lewa, he would look really similar to Tanma the Av-Matoran

I think that the best two options would be Toa Kongu (But AFAIK, he wasn’t super important or a fan favorite) or Gresh

2 Likes

Because they wanted to have something from every era of Bionicle. And, in my opinion, they pulled that off well.

3 Likes

but why did they do gresh and skrall?

1 Like

I sort of agree with that, actually.

Looking at all of the years represented by the Stars. I think instead of Skrall, they should’ve done Oonurakh (Black visorak).

Maybe the skrall were more popular than the visorak? IDK.

2 Likes

I think the problem would be designing a Visorak for 10 dollars with just Av-Matoran pieces. I imagine that looking really clunky.

4 Likes

Instead I think they should have done a dark hunter: to me they were always linked with Metru Nui.

2 Likes

I mean, it could’ve been a Zesk-like contraption, but IDK.

2 Likes

I think that the Skrall, Rakshii, and Piraka (Skakdi) were chosen because they weren’t specific characters. They made for good army builders. Every dark hunter is unique, so they wouldn’t make for great army builders. That’s just my opinion, though.

2 Likes

True a dark hunter wouldn’t make a good army builder, but I would have put a dark hunter instead of gresh, who wasn’t an army builder. I believe the dark hunters were anti-Makuta, so they definitely would be allied with the toa and such.

2 Likes

I disagree. I think that Skrall should have been replaced by a visorak. There aren’t any notable/iconic green dark hunters who could replace Gresh. Also from a non-story perspective, it would be strange seeing an enemy of the toa fighting alongside them. Plus, Gresh represents 2009.

EDIT

I imagine that the Visorak (Oohnorak) would look something like this:

A modified Agori build frame
Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 7.56.22 PM
Then, there would be a new rubber black and white (or maybe black and lime green?) melded carapace piece. The rubber piece would cover the open ball joint at the back.
Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 7.55.38 PM
This way, the Visorak would fit into the scale of the stars, while also providing a unique (compared to the rest of the stars) and good looking (in my opinion) set. And it would represent 2005.

10 Likes

That’s an absolutely wicked Visorak design.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Virtually anything is more popular than the Visorak. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had this rough carapace forever, but I only recently made the Type 2 Avtoran Torso in PartDesigner:

The eye colour is provided by the same Technic connector that the other Stars villains use in their various torsos:

In addition to the custom carapace, I also made a custom “chest armour” (it’s just a partially-elongated version of the existing Stars chest armour):

5 Likes

That’s pretty neat!

2 Likes

Thanks. The carapace needs some work, but I’m hoping that this works as a proof of concept for anyone who wants to take a shot at modelling the carapace and pincers from scratch, to better fit the torso.

3 Likes

Why does it look like the Rakhshi and Skakdi are gonna get slaughtered in this picture?

4 Likes