BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker

@ Above convo

Not necessarily, in terms of the color palette. As @Mesonak clarified this weekend, you are voting for an entry that has a fixed color scheme, unless it is not sand-green, in which only the alternative green can be recolored in the art contest. This was the whole reason for restricting multiple shades of green in the first place. So if this particular MOC wins, which it may, since it utilizes sand green, though not necessarily as its primary color, then that’s the color palette the artist(s) have to work with.

While the argument could be made to allow the art portion to recolor at will, that would be disingenous to all those who had to alter their entries to remove multiple shades of green to fit within the art recoloring portion. I personally know a friends who is still waiting for pieces as his had multiple shades of green. You’re voting for any MOC understanding that the color palette of the official artwork can only be altered from Mata/Metru/Lime green to sand green.

@Jathru_Cranli That would be a possible solution, though could lead to more debate given that the desription of the runes is being layered over his sand-green armor. A viable suggestion though!

Really can’t stress enough - Post the ruleset a few weeks in advance of the following contests. We can hash out these potential pitfalls that are cropping up now before its the week before voting!

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

If we wanna get into semantics the Phantoka and Mistika were still mentioned by their primary colour despite most of them being less than 60% that colour by that point lol

-Solaris Magnus

5 Likes

Good point. Same goes for the Mata. Lewa is described as “Green”. He has the same number of Mata and Lime green armor pieces. So from that, should Artakha have been relaxed on the 2 shade rule? Possibly.

Also nice signature btw Millsy XD

-Solaris Magnus

2 Likes

I don’t know, I’d say that that entry has enough green to at least have green as a co-primary colour, with black.

I think the model looks blacker than it really is because of the lighting.

As @Sharnak said, because they’re members of a team, it would be awkward to call them gray, gray, gray, silver, silver, and silver, therefore they would be called by their highlights instead.

The gold definitely makes up the co-primary category, and besides the “black” is the color of the armor and the green is primarily underneath, this is relevant because in Artakha’s description his armor was said to be gray-green, not gun-metal.

3 Likes

But with respect to Matoran Universe inhabitants, the word ‘armour’ is used simultaneously to describe what we would call skin as well as external armour.

In fact, there is often no difference between the two. Any protective covering is part of their body. So saying that his armour is green, it could be in reference to his ‘skin’ colour, or it could be in relation to external armour.

It should also be noted that external armour seems to be kind of rare in the story. The only beings that I can recall being stated to have external armour is the Toa Nuva, with their Nuva Armour and later their Adaptive Armour.

So the green likely refers to his true colour, as that is how the word ‘armour’ is usually used in the story.

2 Likes

I made this out of CCBS cuz the only G1 bionicles I have are 4 of the toa mata/nuva and 4 2009-2010 sets that are technically my brother’s, and matoro (in pieces)

Hi there! Thanks for entering! You’ll need to also add a link to your topic along with the picture. Just copy paste the URL and edit it on to your post!

-Solaris Magnus

1 Like

Good point, but that still doesn’t change the fact that it’s not primarily green, the black and gold are definitely in a higher amount outwardly.

2 Likes

Here’s my entry:

4 Likes

Here’s my entry, idk if it’s fully consistent with the Bionicle aesthetic, but it was a lot of fun to build:

5 Likes

This is my Artakha Moc. Hopefully I did a good job!

2 Likes

Here’s my version of Artakha:

4 Likes

how exactly do I post my entry, just asking to make sure, I am going to participe in the drawing part of the contest, so I want to know in advance how to do it. BTW I am relatively new to the site.

Assuming entry guidelines are the same for the MOC to Art portion, you’d post your art with (Meet the Maker) somewhere in the title, and then link your post to the main topic for the art contest.

-Solaris Magnus

1 Like

Of course the art contest hasn’t started yet so you have a bit of a wait ahead of you.

oh OK thanks a lot

3 Likes

Hello, here is my Artakha entry: My Artakha MOC contest entry (BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

1 Like

Here is my entry:

2 Likes