Hunter, first ascendant of Krolgate

Hello everyone, this is my self moc, Hunter. I’m posting this now because I intend to revamp him soonish and want to immortalize this version on the internet. Now on to his story and the pictures.

Hunter was made by the great serpent of the 3rd lair of Krolgate. What is Krolgate you ask? It is a realm with six lairs that, each of which contain one if the great Beasts. These six Beasts and the lairs that correspond are as follows: the bottom lair is the lair of the Megalodon, an oceanic cave as deep as the Marianas trench with horrors such as you have never seen. All champions created by the Megalodon start their ascension here, but most other beings don’t, only rejects, beings who’s creator deemed them a failure and cast the to the accursed lands of the Megalodon. Hunter is one of these rejects, and while most die, he did not. Champions created by the mega are amphibious and are best known for the amount of weapons the carry on themselves.

If you manage to escape the torrential rainstorms and oceanic creatures if the Megalodon’s lair, then you will find yourself in the lair of the crab, a beach as vast as the deserts of Australia, and just as hot and dry. Home to the Crab and its horrible, mutated minions, this vast plain of sand is a harsh environment, and the typical starting point for most champions. Hunter managed to weather the frequent sandstorms and the dry and hot climate to ascend to the next lair. Champions of the Crab tend to wield shield made from Carapice Steel, the hardest material in Krolgate, and are typically defensive fighters, using the attacks of their opponents to win. Unfortunately, they also tend to be cautious, frightened, and/or paranoid and, because of this, very seldom ascend past their creators lair.
The third lair is the lair of the snake, and home of Hunter’s creator. The lair of the snake is a jungle, and every single plant, every insect, every bird, is trying to trick you and kill you and you must be incredibly wary of everything you meet. This makes simply walking a challenge, which is why most successful champions swing in the treetops, although that has it’s own dangers. To service this lair, you must be quick thinking, cunning and patient. Luckily for hunter, these are all qualities of normal Snake champion. But Hunter isn’t normal, and while he has the other to qualities, he is not patient. This is one of the reasons he was rejected. Because of this, me would not have been able to ascend past this lair alone, but he was not alone, for he met his only true friend on this lair; Sclda, a champion of the Megalodon. Together, they ascended past the lair of the snake and to the next one:

the lair of the Ogre. The lair of the Ogre is a rolling plain, and by that I mean its full of progressively larger hills. But be careful, not all of them are hills, because while there is only one Ogre, there are many giants, slumbering silently and looking like hills. Hunter and Sclda managed to avoid the giants and got through this lair relatively, until the very end, where Sclda was severely wounded. Most champions of the Ogre are aggressive and hungry, and use large weapons such as clubs and axes. They tend to be broad in the shoulders and very large in general. They are incredibly strong, although there major downsides include intense hunger and stupidity. They have no trouble ascending to the next level, but ascending past it is another story, for the next lair is…
the lair of the Drake, a mountainous region with many jagged mountaintops and sharp drops into valleys so immensely deep that on fall would mean death (for most). There are many paths up, but only a few lead to the end. It is a giant labyrinth of mountains, valleys, crevasses and crags, an only the smartest make it through to the end. Hunter would hids Sclda in Crevasses while he went to find some way to help her heal, and he would find nothing, so they would move to the next crevasse. Finally, near the end of their journey, Hunter found what he was looking for and returned to their camp,only to find it had been raided, and Sclda killed. He found the ones who did it and decimated them before finding the exit and ascending to the next lair. Champions of the Drake are intelligent and tech savvy. They tend to rely on constructs that they make to fight for them. Sometimes they have an innate ability to fly, but usually they have to make something to allow them to fly. This helps them greatly with the next lair…

the lair of the Phoenix. Comprised solely of floating islands, only the bravest of champions make it through. Most of the time, subtle movements in the islands make it impossible to calculate a perfect jump, so you have to trust your instincts. Champions of the Phoenix are brave, impulsive, and sometimes cocky. This makes th rash and they tend to not think before rushing in, which makes the lair of the Snske and the lair of the Drake the hardest to pass for them. Hunter managed to make it through this lair easily, as he felt he had nothing left to lose, so if he fell, he wouldn’t care. Finally, he reached the beacon at the center of the lair, and used it to reach the surface world, and becoming the first true champion, the first Acsendant, of Krolgate, although, the victory was hollow, for Sclda was not with him.
Weapons: arm mounted crossbow, claw
Mask: a combination of a Calix and an Akaku
Enhancements: jump assistor jets, telescopic eye

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed and as always, comments and criticism appreciated. Also, if you have any ideas for the revamp, please share them, I’m open to ideas.

10 Likes

Pretty neat moc, but I gotta say I love the backstory even more

1 Like

Why thank you

I read the title as “Hunter, first ascendant of Colgate” and I expected toothpaste

1 Like

Autocorrect thought the same thing

1 Like

I think the mask reeally throws it off. A green/blue one would piece it together so much more

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not actually sure why I used that mask. I made this back when the helryx contest was still going on, and I don’t remember my thought process