Makuta Carnifex

Few Makuta made it obvious what kind of beings they really were, but Carnifex was a case of someone being just as much of a vermin on the outside as he was on the inside.

Species: Makuta
Kanohi: Datmak, Great Mask of Charisma (shapeshifted)
Pieces: 178

Carnifex was assigned to supervise Acromion and Bursa, the two northeastern-most regions in the Matoran Universe, east of Xia and Stelt and north of Odina. As a warrior and a hunter, Carnifex was one to be feared. In addition to his Kraata powers, his talons were coated with an incredibly powerful venom and he had antennae on his head which could pick up minute differences in air currents, making it nigh impossible to sneak up on him. At everything else, his skills left more than a few things to be desired. Despite his shortcomings, Carnifex was considered a valuable enough asset to the Brotherhood of Makuta to not dispose of, so Consul R was eventually appointed to aid him in his duties, which included joint control over Acromion and Bursa, much to his chagrin.

Though the two Makuta were ostensibly of equal rank within the Brotherhood, Carnifex’s hatred for R and her perceived authority over him grew day by day (not helped by her insistence in using her title “Consul”). Years turned to decades, decades turned to centuries, and one day Carnifex decided that he had enough and challenged R for total authority over the three regions in their collective control. That fight started seemingly pretty handily in Carnifex’s favor, until R revealed that she was simply defending herself until he had tired himself out, at which point she made very quick work of him. His plea for mercy, even with his Kanohi power, fell on deaf ears as he was absorbed by R’s power.

Trivia

• Other than the five Loyalists, Carnifex is the first Makuta to have been killed by another Makuta in my timeline. He was killed between 5-20,000 years before the Great Cataclysm.
  • Carnifex’s name comes from the executioner wasp, which is said to have the most painful sting of any insect.
  • I considered giving him four arms (or at least, one bicep and two triceps per arm a la Namaste) but ultimately just gave him two humanoid arms that use Namaste’s tricep design.
21 Likes

Really cool overall design, love the mask design

4 Likes

ooo fun!
cool moc dude!

4 Likes

a man of culture i see

1 Like

Excellent moc, and I really like the backstory!

The ol’ Teridax vs Icarax trick

3 Likes

Ooh this moc looks really good. Lore is neat, moc’s design and build are good. Cool

2 Likes