"R," Consul of the Southeastern-Most Island

Not much is known about the identity of this Makuta–she doesn’t use her real name except around her brothers, and even then only rarely–except that she prefers to flaunt her title of Consul as a show of leadership over her region.

Consul R

Species: Makuta
Kanohi: Kalodho, Great Mask of Shadow Walking
Pieces: 108

Consul R hails from Ayak, the southern-most island in the eastern chain of the Southern Islands. Her personality is about what you’d expect from a Makuta: fierce, hedonistic, arrogant, and vengeful. That alone would make a lesser being be cautious around a Makuta, and rightly so, but the Consul has a trick up her sleeve that would make one wise to fear her, especially if you’re on her ever-growing list of enemies.
Unusually, she possesses the power to craft lifelike soldiers to do her bidding from whatever parts just happening to be lying around in her vicinity; unconfirmed rumors and whispers believe that she had a Kanohi Tryna forged into her armor so she could access it in addition to her Kanohi Kalodho–which enables the wearer to create portals from shadow to walk through–and her 42 Kraata powers.
However R does it, those soldiers she creates are inducted into Troop 11. Armies who have to fight Troop 11 must utterly destroy the enemy force if they have any desire to leave the battlefield victorious, for the soldiers in Troop 11 have absolutely nothing to lose.

Trivia

• Consul R is inspired by the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 character of the same name. Once I realized that the game character’s mask resembled Lord Vladek’s, I felt sort of obligated to make something inspired by her.
  • In addition to her design, most of R’s powers are inspired by the Moebius’s abilities from that game.
  • The mask’s name comes from the Nepalese words for “black door” and its powers were inspired by Umarak’s abilities in Journey to One.
  • I do not currently have an actual name for R, but I do plan on giving her one eventually.
21 Likes

This looks nice. The sharing looks cool, and the colour scheme is nicely spread. though I don’t know about the placement of the nova shoulders

Wait that is just a weaker Olmak, though it seems quite useful.

6 Likes

Counterargument: The Kalodho can turn any shadow other than the wearer’s own into a portal, meaning R doesn’t have to spend the concentration creating one from nothing like she would if she were wearing an Olmak. Plus there are likely more Kalodhos in existence than there ever were Olmaks.

4 Likes

This a cool Makuta. I particularly like the hand design, but I really appreciate the lack of bat wings. Seems almost socially obligatory to have those amd I appreciate the lack thereof.

Also, that mask power reminds me of Shadow Stealer. Didn’t know Umarak could do it too, love seeing the power applied more. It’s a pretty cool one to have

3 Likes

Ooh the lore on this moc is pretty cool. Moc isn’t bad either and the color spread and build are neat. Nice job

2 Likes

It’s such a shame that an awesome power like this was relegated to a pretty lame bit character in G1. At least Umarak was pretty intimidating in his own right, easily the best part of G2.

3 Likes

Is that piece on stud.io

1 Like

Not in any part pack that I’m currently aware of sadly. I pulled this from another model.

1 Like

Which one?

1 Like

WCP’s Heremus MOC. That MOC is on his Patreon so obviously I will not redistribute it but the mask itself was designed by man-yui.

3 Likes

Got it. Was just wondering

1 Like

Really cool body build

More like umaraks mask right?

3 Likes

It is such a shame that the Vlad-Mask does not actually attach to Bionicle heads. Definitely an advantage to building virtually.

EKnight

3 Likes

True, but WCP found a way to attach the mask onto a 2015 head. Judging from DuckBricks’s review of his Heremus MOC, it looks secure enough.

1 Like

Huh, Vladek’s mask works really well for a Makuta. Also, I love the title of Makuta going by title, rather than using their actual names – like how for years we only knew Teri as “Makuta”.

2 Likes