Bionicle Redrawn #1 - Toa Nuva Tahu (adaptive armour ver.)

Hi, people from Message Boards!

Today I’d like to show you my new drawing-
It’s my rendition of Toa Tahu in his Adaptive Armour:

This time I decided to try something different. Recently I got my hands on a new tablet for two reasons:

• My old one refused to work
  • I wanted to start creating digital drawings

So what you see right now is my first piece of digital art ever, and I’m already loving it! It was a pleasure to draw and it came together relatively quickly and smoothly especially compared to normal, traditional art. And most importantly I couldn’t have been happier with the result.

Design explanation

As you can see, this is not your normal 2008 Tahu with his skinny limbs and a hunch. That’s because I’ve tried to give this character a proper feel of Tahu. To me, he has always been a strong, athletic warrior with a fiery heart and that was definitely something the original set didn’t cope with.

Next thing was the mask. Tahu’s mask from 2008 looked really cool, but it didn’t look like Hau at all. So I fixed it by giving him @Galva_Nize’s flight adapted Hau.

As for the design itself, it was based on both the set and my revamp of the set.
That’s what this revamp looks like:

And don’t ask me why Tahu is wearing a pilot vest, every Tahu should wear a pilot vest.

And I’ll need your help once again, guys! I’m planning on turning it into a series where I draw Bionicle characters in my own style, so do you have any ideas on what character I should draw next?
This character must be one that already has canon appearance.

So, that’s it for now, thanks for viewing. Tell me what you think!

34 Likes

I’d like to see Helryx.

Nice drawing btw

3 Likes

nice jacket.

I’d like to see the rest of the Toa Nuva, to complete the set.

Understandable, considering that our canon Helryx is this:

And thank you!

He’s a stylish boi

I think I’ll get there, eventually, at least I’ve already got Leva planned.

2 Likes

This looks so good

1 Like

Very Mad Max, I like.

2 Likes

I love this
It feels like what human tahu would wear, but the touches from his adaptive armor really add to the overall look
The lighting/shading is really nice, and the folds of the cloth are pretty well done, too
Nice job!

1 Like