BIONICLE The Element Lords (810NICLE Day Celebration)

Happy BIONICLE Day everyone! Last December, I began the project of creating the six Element Lords depicted in the All Our Sins Remembered comic released in 2010, as illustrated by Stuart Sayger. While I have posted individual shots of all of these characters, I haven’t released any group shots until today, as I have been working to edit some together. I did my best to recreate the two ensemble panels Stuart depicted in the story. To my knowledge, no one else in this awesome community has attempted this successfully with all six of these together with physical models.

Along the way, I have made a few tweaks here and there to each of them (save for the Lord of Rock, who, and I think everyone will agree, turned out the best), finally culminating in these two group shot recreations. It’s a little bittersweet to close the chapter on this project, but I am leaving the door open to possibly do the treacherous Lord of Earth and round out the full roster of Element Lords.

The reception to these guys has been very warm, which I greatly appreciate, and hope you enjoy seeing all six together! For more detailed looks at them individually, please see the following links:

The Element Lord of Sand: The Element Lord of Sand

The Element Lord of Ice: The Element Lord of Ice

The Element Lord of Water: The Element Lord of Water

The Element Lord of Jungle: The Element Lord of Jungle

The Element Lord of Fire: The Element Lord of Fire

The Element Lord of Rock: The Element Lord of Rock

As always, please leave any thoughts or criticism below.

24 Likes

Nice, very nice. These all look so awesome.

6 Likes

@Alucia Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Easily could have been the 2010 summer wave. Love it dude, this really was a cool project

3 Likes

@Wekua Thanks a lot! I know these models are a bit filled with non-standard techniques, but I still wanted them to feel BIONICLE, and I’m glad that it came across that way!

4 Likes

That jungle mask looks fittingly creepy and planty.

3 Likes

@Racie02 Thank you! The Element Lord of Rock might have the best looking helmet, but the Lord of Jungle has the one that was the most fun to paint. Thanks for taking the time comment and glad you like them!

2 Likes

Simply astonishing and impressive! I absolutely love this!

3 Likes

@Powers0016 Thank you kindly! These six together are some of the builds of which I am most proud.

3 Likes

Oh yeah these six all look awesome! Great job man

2 Likes

@Rukah Thanks a lot! This was one of my favorite, and I think best, projects I’ve ever completed.

3 Likes