The Element Lord of Ice

ELOI2

Hi everyone!

Another week, another Element Lord. Continuing my project to bring the former rulers of Spherus Magna to life is my take on the Element Lord of Ice. Like the Element Lord of Rock, Stuart Sayger portrayed him basically as a jacked being made out of Ice, which I tried to honor. If you look closely, he also has his shoulders covered in ice, which I mimicked by means if using Strakk pieces.

Although I didn’t post him next to the rest of the Lords I’ve assembled thus far, I made the Element Lord of Ice a bit shorter, more close to the Lord of Fire’s stature. For those of you who have seen the other posts, I’ve also taken this opportunity to tweak the Lord of Fire’s design.

The crystal piece as the end of his nagamaki-like weapon was a simple choice for me, and all credit to @Rothanak for the Lord of Ice helmet design. He is described as being made out of ice, and while I toyed with doing a pure-white design, I found him needing just a bit of medium blue (to honor Strakk and Metus’ colors) to break up the color palette.

Hope you like him, and stay tuned for the upcoming Lord of Sand, the final (maybe) entry in this project!

The Element Lord of Rock: The Element Lord of Rock

The Element Lord of Fire: The Element Lord of Fire

The Element Lord of Jungle: The Element Lord of Jungle

The Element Lord of Water: The Element Lord of Water

28 Likes

Spectacular! The color distribution is appealing, and you captured his hulking silhouette really well. Great work!

4 Likes

@MooCowsRock Thanks a lot! It wasn’t my intent that a lot of the Lords become hulking brutes, but for this cool guy, I think it fits especially well. Glad you like him, and thanks for taking the time to comment!

4 Likes

they say in the maze of the skrall, he’s still out there some where, waiting to take back what is his…

-tarduk

4 Likes

@anon46747862 I forgot to add the quote, so thank you! I only wish I had one for the Lord of Sand, because all I’ve got for him is ‘there once was a Lord of Sand’.

3 Likes

I can make one…

4 Likes

@anon46747862 for real, what I’ve come up with is “Out there in the desert, he’s biding his time. He’s one with the sands, so he’s everywhere and nowhere all at once. Berix swears he saw a tall, spikey figure once rise out of a dune before a tidal wave of sand swallowed a whole party of Bone Hunters in a second. We all thought it was a hallucination from being in the desert too long, but maybe he was telling the truth…”, but I’d love for you to come up with something!

4 Likes

most of the great being experiments; they ended in failure or madness. But not this one. This result was far worse.

4 Likes

Nice! I’ll merge the two when I post him!

4 Likes

This is Awesome! You really captured the Element Lord Of ice in this MOC, I love the bulk and parts usage. Nice work as always!

4 Likes

@Powers0016 Appreciate it, bro! I think bulky naturally fits his icy element, thought I’ll concede I wish his helmet was like 10% bigger. Stay tuned for the Lord of Sand! If his foot arrives today, I’ll post him on Monday!

4 Likes

Sweet

3 Likes

@Kamoranova5 Glad you like him!

2 Likes