The Element Lord of Sand

IMG-6052

Hi everyone!

Well, here he is, the last of the shown Element Lords, The Element Lord of Sand. In addition to Stuart Sayger’s art from All Our Sins Remembered, I was inspired by desert scorpions (like the Vorox) and ancient Egyptian warriors for the Lord of Sand’s design. I wanted him to have a more refined, dignified design, but still reflect the spikey design as shown. Credit to @Galva_Nize for the excellent helmet design!

The Lord of Sand is the least defined, apart from the Lord of Earth, in the story, but I like to think he’s been spotted rising out of the sands, and swallowing whole caravans of Bone Hunters or Agori. Hi staff was tricky, as I couldn’t think of a good weapon that fit him for the longest time. I’m happy I finally got to use those horns from Umarak! As stated before, I wanted him to have a very cut physical appearance, as I don’t think a bulky design would do well in the heat of Bara Magna, and was thus able to use the HF/SW/G2 breastplate to great effect to match his reference picture.

I will be doing the Lord of Earth eventually, but this is the last Element Lord for now. However, I will be posting proper pictures of the group! As you see here, I slightly tweaked the Lord of Jungle’s design from my original build around the arms, but more pictures of all six are coming!

The Element Lord of Rock: The Element Lord of Rock

The Element Lord of Fire: The Element Lord of Fire

The Element Lord of Jungle: The Element Lord of Jungle

The Element Lord of Water: The Element Lord of Water

The Element Lord of Ice: The Element Lord of Ice

As always, hope you like the Element Lord of Sand, and please feel free to leave your thoughts below!

23 Likes

Wow! This is really nice. I like how you did the armor. It feels organic even with all the mechanical bits.

3 Likes

@DuneToa Thanks a lot! Even if he’s not shown off in very detailed poses in the comic, he looks like a lean, mean warrior, which fits, as apparently that’s how the Vorox were once upon a time ago. I love using the Vorok/Skrall armor any time I can, and this guy, of course, demanded it to be used. Glad you like him, and thank you as always for the praise!

3 Likes

is he coarse, rough and irritating?
Nice moc!

4 Likes

@Enbeanie He gets everywhere lol. Glad you like him!

4 Likes

ah neat, looks great!

4 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thank you very much! He was a fun one to design.

3 Likes

Love the staff

4 Likes

@Kamoranova5 thank you! I was pleasantly surprised how well it turned out.

3 Likes

Impressive build!

4 Likes

@Rons_oc Thanks a lot! It was fun and challenging building primarily with tan, and it really makes me wish they would have included more tan sets in the later years. Glad you like him!

3 Likes