The Element Lord of Fire

“You are dust to him, not even dust.”

Hi everyone! This is my take on the Element Lord of Fire, the second in my Element Lord series.

Using the picture designed by Stuart Sayger, and the helmet designed by KhingK, I came up with this build, and I think it captures a being intertwined with fire fairly nicely. I gave his legs a purposefully busy design, as shown in the reference picture.

I also made him look like a beefed up Malum, which I think fits, seeing as Malum would have likely styled himself after his leader in the Core War. Besides his claws, I am most proud of how the G2 Tahu masks were used on his delts.

Hope you like him, and please provide any thoughts or criticism!

35 Likes

That’s sick.

5 Likes

@Droconis Thanks a lot! I think my Element Lord of Rock came out better, but I had more fun designing this dude. Glad you like him!

4 Likes

I love that, and I really love how both the reference art and the MOC base the hands off of the flame claw weapon Vakama had. It fits perfectly with him.

3 Likes

@DuneToa Well said! Even Raanu has that piece; whether it was designed for the Hordika or not, that fire claw design really seemed to be a common motif for the Bara Magana Fire Tribe! Thrilled you like this hot boy.

4 Likes

He looks the part, good job translating a weird design to a physical moc

4 Likes

@Enbeanie Thank you kindly. It was oddly satisfying to work with such a weird design, as this particular one was somewhat defined, but the Lord of Water, except for his circular head, is going to be largely up to my imagination. Thanks, as always, for the praise!

3 Likes

Truly well done on this MOC, I know it certainly is not easy to build an element lord and have it look this good, so I commend you!

4 Likes

Wow, high praise from a builder such as yourself! Thanks a lot! It’s a challenge, but the best sort of one.

4 Likes

Well you truly deserve the praise! I remember trying to figure out some designs for them in the past and boy is it a good challenge indeed!

4 Likes

@Powers0016 Thanks, again. It took me like 5 months to figure how I’m going to do the Lord of Water’s head, but I’m still trying to figure out the rest of him. The others, by comparison, are much easier. I’m excited to do the Lord of Jungle, as he’s up next. I’ve been waiting to get started on him since December, so stay tuned!

4 Likes

You are most welcome! The Lord Of Water was the exact one I was stuck on haha, so if you can accomplish that I can’t wait to see it! The Lord Of Jungle very nice! I definitely look forward to it!

4 Likes

@Powers0016 I’ll give you a hint: ship in a bottle… Appreciate the compliments.

3 Likes

I really like both of these! The aesthetic sets them apart and makes them look unique.

3 Likes

@Lost_Head Thanks a lot! I really liked how Stuart Sayger designed each one of them to be very different from each other. Glad you like them!

2 Likes

love the claws but I think he needs some black on him like the original picture

3 Likes

I agree.

2 Likes

@Droconis @anon46747862

Sorry for the late reply. I actually didn’t think he had any black in him in the original All Our Sins Remembered. When I looked at this picture, I saw that his head and arms were the same color, red, at least to me. Using this sort of logic, I assumed him to be either A. on fire or B. crimson armor. I will say, though, some black might not be the worst thing, but the only other thing I want to add is that I DM’d Stuart Sayger, and he confirmed that in my other reference photo, that the black was more likely shadows than his armor color.
ELOF Ref 2

3 Likes

Where?? How did you get his contact information?

3 Likes

Friend of a friend, using an art connection at DC. We’ve chatted a few times, and he’s a really cool guy, always happy to talk about his time on BIONICLE. If it were publicly available, I’d post a link, but it wasn’t, so I can’t. He does have his own website though, through which you can make business inquiries.

3 Likes