The Element Lord of Rock

This is my take on the Element Lord of Rock, the former leader of the Rock Tribe of Bara Magna. Using the great helmet designed by @Galva_Nize and my design for the rest, this is the finished result, and I have to say, I’m quite pleased.

While a little bit of dark bluish grey is peaking out, I really tried to keep his entire being black. The Lord of Rock was a leader class Skrall, so I included the fantastic Skrall tribal design blades at the end of his massive spear. I also took a few cues from Tuma, such as the Mata foot and Rahkshi legs used on his arms. I also tried to stay faithful to Stuart Sayger’s design for him, being muscular and sporting spiked shoulders.

Hope you like him, and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.

40 Likes

Wow. This is epic!

4 Likes

@DuneToa Thanks a lot! I plan on making all six, but I think he’ll be hard to top. Glad you like him!

5 Likes

Like the mask very well done.

4 Likes

@Droconis Thank you! It’s a perfect design for a ‘super Skrall’, and set the tone for the rest of the build.

4 Likes

This looks stunning. Love that torso build and the shoulders. Single colour builds can look a little bland but the use of texture really makes this stand out. Fantastic Job.

3 Likes

@Alucia Thanks for the high praise! Because he’s made all out of rock, I wanted the monotone look, which meant more focus had to be done on texturing and shaping, so thank you for noticing!

2 Likes

Excellent design, I love it! Also, merry Christmas to you too!

3 Likes

@T4k4nuv4 Thank you very much!

2 Likes

the system armor on the lower legs kinda interrupts the flow.

3 Likes

@Willess12 You’re not wrong, but I always thought these wedge bricks looked like geodes, and as he is the Lord of Rock, I thought they could work. I had tried Skrall armor on them, but the ‘geode’ bricks filled it out more. If you look closely though, you’ll see an Inika foot right behind, balancing it out.

2 Likes

hmmm great
this looks really cool

3 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thank you! Always appreciate your praise on my builds.

3 Likes

Absolutely sick looking

3 Likes

@N01InParticular Much obliged! A lot of work went into this guy, so thank you for the praise.

2 Likes

Ooh this Element Lord of Rock moc looks really cool!! The custom mask fits perfectly with the greebly detailed bits all around and the armor and staff are great. Inspiration is neat and you’ve definitely done an awesome job. Very very nice.

4 Likes

@Rukah Thanks a lot! The Lord of Rock was always my favorite of them, and so a lot of care went into his design. @Galva_Nize gave us an awesome helmet, and it really demanded an equally detailed and cohesive build to fit it. Glad you like him, and thanks for the compliments!

5 Likes

This guy has an awesome presence. The texturing you chose definitely screams “rock” to me, and even the lighting of the pictures makes his armor seem like obsidian. Really well done all around.

5 Likes

@MooCowsRock Thank you kindly! The lighting was a bit tricky, as he’s almost all black, so I’m relieved it came out as well as it did. Appreciate the praise!

4 Likes

insert “that rocks” joke
Nice build

5 Likes