GHIDONICLE™️ Fanon Contest #2: The Slayer

After the downfall of Ghid’s master privileges, It seemed that the GHIDONICLE™️ fanon contests would end. However, today the contests come back.

Your quest, should you choose to accept it, is to build Marendar, the robotic Toa killer.

All of Marendar’s info can be found here. I’m not going to be a stickler for all of the canon details, as this is GHIDONICLE™️, where you can enter a truck with a mask on the front.

However, there is one big rule you have to follow for canon purposes. Your Marendar MUST be roughly to scale with the toa Metru or Inika (either are fine).

Your Marendar CANNOT

-Have painted/modified LEGO pieces. If something’s got printing or an immovable sticker, it’ll have to be left as is. No illegal parts modification whatsoever.
-Contain third party/bootleg pieces. This is a LEGO contest, after all.

And I mean like it would be really nice if you had fun but I’m not going to disqualify you if you cried while building I guess

ANYWAYS HERE ARE THE FULL LIST OF RULES THAT I COPYPASTED FROM THE ORIGINAL TOPIC
MOC CONTEST RULES

1. Each MOC must have sufficient breakdown images as well as one main image to represent the MOC in voting.
  2. All entrants must abide by the TTV Message Boards rules and guidelines.
  3. In order to enter, a new topic must be made for the creation with (GHIDONICLE Fanon Contest #2) in the title. That topic must then be linked in a post here.
  4. Edits or additional photos may be requested. If they are not provided within three (3) days of request, the entry will be disqualified.
  5. I strongly encourage your model to be recognizable within the Bionicle world. However, if you’ve got something totally wacky planned, don’t let me stop you!
  6. 3D printed Masks and Weapons are allowed. However, custom pieces used for any other portion of the MOC are not allowed.
  7. Digital models are allowed, provided they do not break the above rule.
  8. MOCs created before this contest are allowed (and encouraged), however they must abide by the above rules.

Clarification of Above Rules (To be updated over time and future contests)

Paint: I have only barred paint if the paint is intending to produce a color or combination of colors to achieve something that cannot exist otherwise. If your painted pieces reflect colors that actually exist, you are allowed to use them - however I reserve judgement on what does and does not qualify.

Now, here’s the part you all have been waiting for. The winner of the second GHIDONICLE™️ fanon contest will receive a $10 Chick-Fil-A Gift Card! Once the votes are counted, I will be PM’ing the winner the code and instructions for redeeming the card.

I will also be spotlighting my personal favorite entry in the contest after the voting ends. No prize for my preference, though.

And most important of all: The entry period runs from Today, November 23rd, 2022 , until
Wednesday, December 14th, at 11:59 AM EST.
After that point the public voting will begin.

Now get out there and get building!

ENTRIES:

https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/marendar-moc-instructions-ghidonicle-fan-contest-2/63247

10 Likes

I am Ghid, and I approve this GHIDONICLE™️ Contest.

Part of the reason for the scale requirement is that the opportunity to build big, excessively flashy Marendar MOCs will come in the Duckbricks contest, where you can build them to whatever specifications is required there. Here, however, the only rule to follow is the size - go crazy on everything else.

And as Cordax already explained, pushing the boundaries of what is and isn’t an acceptable entry in a GHIDONICLE™️ Contest is completely fine and even encouraged. Stay within TTV rules, though.

Oh, and since I’m not hosting this one, maybe I’ll take a stab at the prize myself. Not likely, because I’m not that good…

See you all on the 14th. :tuma:

7 Likes

Ah, here it is. Maybe I’ll have a go.

1 Like

oh yay this is back!

1 Like

I could enter, but idk if I feel motivated enough and the price is pretty useless to me.

3 Likes

yeah the prize this time is really just so that I’m allowed to do the contest

2 Likes

at long last
it’s marender time

1 Like

I’ll have a go even though Chick-Fil-A is nonexistent in the Uk

My favourite part of bionicle was when Marendar said “It’s Marendarin’ Time” and Marendared all over the Toa

10 Likes

i’ll take your jesus chicken card if you win

4 Likes

What makes you think i’d give it to you

3 Likes

There are two weeks left to enter!

please enter it would make me very sad if this contest was a bust

4 Likes

entry here

3 Likes

perfect

3 Likes

It’s done! I updated the title with the contest name and added breakdown pictures (they ain’t the best, I don’t have access to my good camera setup. I hope it’s good enough). I think it should be in an enterable state now

Also,

Speedrunning Master degree intensifies

Also also,

I’m not entirely sure what a “Chick-Fil-A” is, but I want that

7 Likes

amazin

4 Likes

American-based chicken-centered fast food company. Oldest chicken chain in the US. Don’t know how useful it’d be to you outside of the US, but if you ever took a trip stateside, it might come in handy.

5 Likes

It’s what we in the US do to chickens.

1 Like

Here be Marendar

3 Likes

amazing

3 Likes

THERE ARE TWO DAYS LEFT TO ENTER

If you have a marendar moc or have started one, now is the time to act!

6 Likes