Sumuka (Dark Hunter 6/6) + Series Wrap-Up

The gang’s all here now, and with that, here’s the last of them.

Bio
Little is known to the Dark Hunters about Sumuka. All they know is that she joined of her own accord, and is highly effective at her missions. In truth, she was one of the original inhabitants of Odina, and one of the few who made it out alive. Sumuka holds a deep-seated grudge against the Dark Hunters as a whole, and has exposed herself to stolen Makuta viruses to hide her true appearance. She joined hoping to destroy them from the inside, in order to reclaim her home and avenge her people.

While not out hunting, Sumuka subtlely manipulates other hunters into actions that could get them killed, hoping to thin the ranks. One time, she inspired a mutiny which resulted in all the traitors being killed by Sentrakh and Marono. Her dream of reclaiming her home was ultimately dashed when Makuta Teridax was killed and the Matoran Universe, and by extension was rendered uninhabitable. After landing on Spherus Magna, Sumuka and five other Dark Hunters were hired by Velika to eliminate a long list of targets who could pose a threat to his rule. She plans to use this opportunity to assassinate the Shadowed One while some of his best hunters are away.

Sumuka often comes across as unstable and violent, though this is all a ruse to keep her below suspicion. She has heightened senses, particularly hearing, and can create a thick layer of fog around her in combat; these are not natural abilities of her species, and were gained through exposure to Makuta viruses.

Function

Nothing too fancy here, just a standard waist swivel function, but I thought that would be the best fit for her scythe.

Final Group Shots

Marono (red)
Akulax (blue)
Gohrik (green)
Cuprum (brown)
Myrmiga (black)

Box art for all Dark Hunters

Click here

Studio Files
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AodcoUDvzhiw7Ca8gbfGaU-xc8Mp?e=LG9F1V

Credits:
Biopack by SwampKryakwa & Lehvak Nuva
Colorpack by SwampKryakwa
Backgrounds by Vahkiti

37 Likes

Hey this one’s really cool!
I like both backstory and the model itself. She is pretty simple, but pretty effective. Adding some more spikes on the Carapar armor on thighs might have positive effect on the look. I like how much detail you put into each model’s back.
Together they look pretty formidable. Please, make render with Velika!
You also once mentioned, that at the end of the series you will update all of the MOCs. Those are updated models, right?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve changed the colour of Marono’s hands and the connectors on his weapons, Myrmiga has shorter front legs to match the back legs, and I changed her lever to make it more visually appealing. I’ve also kept Cuprum’s weapon and Gohrik’s shoulders as per your feedback.

The next thing I’ll be doing is making revamps of Velika and his agents (Kabrua, Perditus & Atakus) so when I do that I’ll bring the Dark Hunters into one of the group shots as well.

2 Likes

The wolfish head and the scythe are fantastic. I think Sumuka and Myrmiga are my favorites of the entire series. Nice work!

Personally Marono’s my favourite (he is half of my PFP after all), but it’s interesting seeing how Cuprum and Myrmiga seem to get more attention while Akulax is the one everyone seems to forget about even though he has probably the most unique function. It’s still nice to see that different people have different favourites, as I feel that reflects the diversity of the group quite nicely.