TTV MOC Contest: GWP Lewa! [CLOSED: CONGRATS APORU AND DINX!!]

The Contest to win the GWP-style Lewa build is live! To enter, simply post your “Rahi” creature from Bionicle built in the Tahu and Takua Gift With Purchase Set build style.

You have until the 29th to enter. The winner will be declared the evening of April 1st, and selected based on whichever entry has the most likes here on the Message Boards!

Please format your entry’s title to match the following:
“Lewa GWP MOC Contest Entry: _______”

Original topic with Da Rules and details here:
TTV MOC Contest: Build in the GWP style, win a Toa! - Creative Content / Lego Creations - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. Happy building!

EDIT: We have our winners! Congrats to @Aporu Apor with a whopping 48 votes, and congrats to runner-up @dinx with 47! You will be contacted shortly about receiving your prizes. Thank you to everyone who entered, and stay tuned for more!

Edit: Known Entries:

24 Likes

man the time really is going fast

4 Likes

You’re telling me, I swear I just started this thing like a week ago–

6 Likes

Welp theres no Submissions yet

3 Likes

There are some, they’re just not in this thread

4 Likes

Idk how I feel about likes being the way to vote.
Wouldn’t that just mean certain submissions get buried? And some submissions might just win by virtue of being posted earlier so it can gain traction from the start while a submission posted, what, a week late, doesn’t have a chance

Edit: It appears I have been proven very wrong.

7 Likes

A valid critique, though to change the method now would mean a voting period where very few participate due to its brevity or rescheduling the existing time periods of the contest.

I think that going forward, I will simply link all of the submissions within the central topic so that people interested or invested in the contest have the opportunity to see every submission in one place, mitigating submissions being buried. If this is still not satisfactory to enough people by the time contest 3 is underway, I will ask the public if they would rather it be done differently going forward or in the future.

Presently, however, out of the ~60ish people actively observing the contests, I have only observed 3 people expressing distaste towards the like-based voting system, so I haven’t felt the need to change it yet.

5 Likes

@StarBreaker I like the like based voteing system. but there is one problem with that. Bot accounts rigging the votes and cheating the system thats my only complaint with the like system

5 Likes

I would agree if the contest were something significantly consequential like the canon contests–however, all present voters appear to be actual users, and participation is so comparatively low that I feel it would be incredibly obvious if cheating in such a manner occured.

5 Likes

@StarBreaker And also can you help me find the background for one of the Titan sets for the metru nui wave with a lengendary Rahi,s name that starts with a K

3 Likes

This lad?
8755-1

5 Likes

@Atobe_Brick Yep but i want the background of his set

3 Likes

Putting the word “Click” in my topic title was a pro move let me pat myself on the back real quick

Jk I know Angel is gonna take the “small and cute” vote that Fikou is adorable

3 Likes

Nui Jaga looks great.

3 Likes

@angel_from_heaven @Wekua both of your builds are so cute and goofy :smiley:

4 Likes

Contest’s been real fun to observe so far, love all the entries rolling in. Glad this contest encouraged folks to make so many of the classic rahi as gwps! Everyone so far has done a great job. (And thanks for hosting such a fun contest, Starbreaker!)

3 Likes

I just got an entry posted, @StarBreaker , in case you want to link it.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a bunch of newer submissions get to 30 votes in the past, I think I might have been proven wrong on the whole “new posts can’t get a lot of likes” part.

If this system’s worked in the past, then it probably doesn’t need changing, yeah. Just pointing out something that could possibly be an issue

4 Likes

It was a valid concern and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention–I think adding the entries to the main post has helped a bit, too!

5 Likes

Lewa GWP MOC Contest Entry: Nui Rama

This is my entry for the TTV GWP style contest. I don’t know how to make custom prints or designs for pieces so the masks are blank.

7 Likes