GHIDONICLE™️ Fanon Contest #1: The Empress

In the wake of Greg Farshtey being let go from LEGO, TTV has elected not to run the Tuyet canon contest in spite of having the time to do so, and has stopped pursuing canonization of characters.

I say, if it’s not going to be canon, why not have some fun?

Your quest, should you choose to accept it, will to be to build Toa Tuyet, member of the Toa Mangai, and possessor of the Nui Stone.

Tuyet’s important information can be found here and through numerous Ask Greg quotes. However I’m not interested in messing with all that icky Canon stuff, so I’m trimming down the qualifications by a fair amount.

In order to enter, your Tuyet must:

-Have some shade of blue existing in the LEGO palette present in the build.
-Be roughly to-scale with the existing Toa Metru. Outrageously large/small entries will not be allowed.
-Possess the Nui Stone. This can be 3d-printed or custom built, but it must be present.

Your Tuyet cannot:

-Have painted/modified LEGO pieces. If something’s got printing or an immovable sticker, it’ll have to be left as is. No illegal parts modification whatsoever.
-Contain third party/bootleg pieces. This is a LEGO contest, after all.

And of course, I reserve the right to bar any entry I deem to be made in bad faith or intentionally pushing the rules. No need to replicate past issues in the official Canon Contests.

Above all else, you must have fun. Any lack of fun-having during the building process is expressly banned and I will post a stock image of a dour old man making a cross expression at the camera in response to people who break this rule.

MOC CONTEST RULES

1. Each MOC must have sufficient breakdown images as well as one main image to represent the MOC in voting.
  2. All entrants must abide by the TTV Message Boards rules and guidelines.
  3. In order to enter, a new topic must be made for the creation with (Fanon Contest #1) in the title. That topic must then be linked in a post here.
  4. Edits or additional photos may be requested. If they are not provided within three (3) days of request, the entry will be disqualified.
  5. I strongly encourage your model to be recognizable within the Bionicle world. However, if you’ve got something totally wacky planned, don’t let me stop you!
  6. 3D printed Masks and Weapons are allowed. However, custom pieces used for any other portion of the MOC are not allowed.
  7. Digital models are allowed, provided they do not break the above rule.
  8. MOCs created before this contest are allowed (and encouraged), however they must abide by the above rules.

Clarification of Above Rules (To be updated over time and future contests)

Paint: I have only barred paint if the paint is intending to produce a color or combination of colors to achieve something that cannot exist otherwise. If your painted pieces reflect colors that actually exist, you are allowed to use them - however I reserve judgement on what does and does not qualify.

Oh yes, and the mandatory prize for such a contest is a LEGO $10.00 USD Gift Card. The winner will receive a PM on this site with the code for the card.

I will also be spotlighting my personal favorite entry in the contest after the voting ends. No prize for my preference, though.

And most important of all: The entry period runs from Today, April 18th, 2022, until
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022, at 11:59 AM EST.
After that point the public voting will begin.

Now get out there and get building!

ENTRY LIST

Edit #1: There’s a lot of possible characters to have contests for, but as a master I only get three contests per year. If someone else (with the master rank) wants to run a GHIDONICLE™️ Fanon Contest, possibly for art or for a different character, feel free.

I will not run a contest for you, though. The prize for any such contest and the process of running it is your responsibility; I will not be involved in any way. You’d simply be putting the GHIDONICLE™️ header on it.

Edit #2: I have added the section Clarification of Above Rules as the definition of painted piece rulings was not clear, and in case there is any future difficulty in interpreting the rules, more concrete definitions will go there.

20 Likes

uh Ghid sorry to break this to you but this already happened

9 Likes

Ghidonicle real?!?

Two simultaneous Tuyet contests; what an interesting development…

4 Likes

@Ghid I don’t want to have fun

3 Likes

Man, that didn’t take long for people to catch

I would’ve done mine a lot sooner but staff ghosted me for a month. If any of this doesn’t follow TTV guidelines, I did ask quite a ways in advance.

It’s real.

Now get me some Tuyets. Duckbricks has all the prizes and notoriety, but I think I’m allowed to let people just have fun.

3 Likes

nope
also I’ll maybe join

meh - sure why not, i could use 10 bucks
link to da original topic here

P.s i would have used Khing Ks tuyet mask but i cannot pay for oversea shipping so this is a placeholder

2 Likes

hmm
contest to the other contest, eh?

I wasn’t planing on entering the TTV Tuyet contest, since all you get is a “canon” build (whatever that means). But now I could win 10 dollars? This is why the TTV contests failed, no incentive for winning. Putting something tangible like money on the line is what competition is about.

3 Likes

Nah. Competition is about being superior and rubbing it in everybody’s face.

7 Likes

You mean aside from being officially recognized into Bionicle canon?

You need a topic on TTV that follows the above rules. Read them over and then you can enter.

4 Likes

Made an update to the main post about possible future contests. It’d be cool if we could get these running back to back throughout the year.

Also, if you’ve entered in Duckbricks’ contest, it’s totally cool to enter here and vice versa. No limitation in that regard.

7 Likes

does it have to be blue

can it have a wheel as a leg

1 Like

It needs blue.

Heck yeah.

2 Likes

can she be a blue truck with a head

1 Like

So here’s the dealio.

You want Trucket? You make her a truck to-scale with the Toa Metru. Props if you make a proper seating area for Nidhiki to drive her through innocent bystanders. I’m totally for a joke of that nature, but it will not be in defiance of the rules.

4 Likes

Yooo, what’s good, Ghid? Count me in for the chance at ten dollars.

3 Likes

Bruh. That doesn’t sound fun at all )):

1 Like

Business in the Ghidonicle, party in the duckbricks

Or if you’re like me, business in the duckbricks, party in the ghidonicle

Either way, you should mullet over before making a choice

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just an old fogie but I personally don’t see the appeal of a three-foot painted lego collection assemblage. Makes me wonder why even bother working with lego pieces at that point. There’s still plenty of room to work with - I just greenlit the idea of a truck.

@Rhyla416 your topic is not yet included because as per the rules it does not have Fanon Contest #1 in the title.

8 Likes