A pitch where we try to get the Barraki and Mahri-Nui to G3!
Kalmah, Mantax, Ehlek
Pridak and Carapar
- Long time ago, when Kanohi Dragons roamed Arthaka, six matorans grew in massive power.
- They made a pact, uniting the island for the first and last time, their alliance dubbed the League of Six Kingdoms.
- During their conquests, they made a large advantage of the Kanohi masks, using them for their dark and selfish reasons. @Bokarda
- They may have even used the Kanohi Dragons in their war machines. @Bokarda
- The "warlords" as they came to be known threw the island off balance.
- Because of this, the Elemental Gods decided to send six warriors to defeat them.
- When the league was defeated, the Toa imprisoned them on a far and remote island in the Naho Bay.
- The Toa also sealed away the hanohi masks to avoid them being used for wrong reasons again.
- The warlords eventually escaped their prison, roaming the island.
- When they found an old, huge structure, black as night in the jungles, they came in to explore it.
- It turned out that the building was actually the prison in which the Two Brothers sealed Karzahni away.
- The prison was intelligent. It lured the warlords into itself and then seaaled their way out.
- It's purpose was to hold it's prisoners under any curcumtances and not let them come to harm. Because of this, the warlords were able to reach impossible ages. By the time the island froze, they were hundreds of years old.
- Born in Mangai to a poor family.
- Very strong as a child
- Picked to train as a guard
*Climbed the ranks, eventually overthrowing the ruler of his city state
- After that he set to conquer the rest of Mangai, it is said he used Kanohi Dragons in his wars
- He was the first true king of whole Mangai. Until that point, his region was divided into small city states
He came with a large army to the Council of Six Kingdoms, showing his strength
- Became rivals with Carapar, as both were ambitious and interested in war
- Even though he shared his cruelty with Pridak, they were not friends, due to Kalmah's ambition and Pridak's pride.
Had great love for Magma hounds
Cruel and very intelligent, but not as smart as Takadox
- Born into a family of famous builders in Kanae.
- Had great interest in architecture.
- For his short stature, he was often bullied.
- He developed a strong sense of revenge, striking interest in poison.
Because of his skill in poisons, his family became very powerful stewards.
- After his father died of food poisoning, he became head of the family.
- Ehlek finally proclaimed the Kanae Kingdom, with him as the king.
Ehlek was afraid Kanae might get attacked by the other kingdoms.
- Because of this, he fortified the region, filling it with more castles than even Mangai had.
During the Council of Six Kingdoms, he wanted to poison the others for safety.
- After making friends with Carapar and Takadox though, he decided against it.
- Born as crowned prince and heir to Ihu
- This makes him the only legitimate king of the seven
- His mother often told him that he was the smartest and most beautiful matoran in the world.
- Because of this, he grew incredibly proud of himself.
After his father died a natural death, he ascended legally to the throne
- Believed Ihu was the greatest kingdom, housing the best artists, builders and warriors
- Matorans that were not "worthy" living in Ihu (Such as the ones not beautiful enough) he executed
- Took great joy in torturing
Often covered himself in expensive silks, having his mask beautifully painted.
During the Council of Six Kingdoms, he participated only because the other five warlords did so.
- After the council, none of the other warlords saw him until their imprisonment
- Born in the streets to a poor widow.
- Loving her greatly, he used manipulation and deception to make money and steal food for him and his mother.
- Few years later, his mother died to a chill, leaving Takadox an orphant.
- On her deathbed, he promised that his family will never know powerty.
Sold one of his eyes to a Tiroan sorcerer for money.
- Became friends with another poor matoran called Vamprah.
- Together they used deception and manipulation to make money.
- It took them few years until they became the ritchest Nahoans.
- They became part of the Nahoan council
- They persuaded the council to make Takadox the king of Naho and Vamprah his hand.
Married a nahoan girl called Pelagia out of love.
- She was murderd by the citizens of Naho when Takadox was overthrown.
Had a great network of spies all aroundn the island.
- There was a saying going around the island about them. "How many eyes does king Takadox have? A thousand eyes and one."
Takadox was overall a peaceful and decent ruler. Naho prospered under his reign
Came up with the idea of the League of Six Kingdoms. He called the council.
Takadox hated and despised Pridak
- It was due to the Ihuan's pride, as Takadox was phisically frail and not attractive.
- Became friends with Ehlek, as both enjoyed deception.
- Almost nothing is known about him
- Very secritive.
- Isolated Tiro for an entire generation so that no secrets would escape
- Said to be the first of the warlords.
Said to have practised sorcery and dark magic, using the Kanohi masks.
Wore entirely black armor and mask, covered himself in dark clothes, capes and cloaks
Build a huge underground city to be the new capital of Tiro.
- Said to be the largest city on the island.
- Built entirely of an oily black stone, that eats light.
- Made to house entire population of Tiro, but is only inhabitesd by 1/10th of it.
- Said to be full of sorcerers, shadow-slavers, warlocks and blood mages.
When invited to the council, he came alone, covered in a black cloak, with only his flaming red eyes visible
- During the discussion, he said nothing, only at the end nodded his head and agreed.
- It is said his voice was harsh, quiet and full of dark energy.
- After the council, none of the warlords heard about him again until their imprisonment.
- Started s a Merchant King
- Overthrown the others and became the ruler of all three passes
Siezed the capital of Motara by poisoning the rulers
Cruel, greedy and phisically strong
- Had a good sence for military strategy
- Did not care for honor, only for victory
- Poisoned whole armies with food he gave them while surrendering.
- Had his armies slaughtered because they could win the battle
- He poisoned those he did not trust
Tortured and murdered traitors in horrible ways
Marched with an army to the Council of Six Kingdoms.
- Made friends with Ehlek, because both liked poisons.
- Married Ehlek's relative as a gesture of friendship. Sadly, she died not long after under suspitious curcumstances.
- Became a distant friend to Kalmah.
- There was an island at the far edge of Naho Bay
- Makuta and Ekimu imprisoned Karzahni in a special prison on it.
- The island was later found by Nahoan settlers.
- It was quickly colonized by all regions, as it was large, beautiful and unclaimed.
- Multiple cultures joined on the island, creating a mixed settlement.
The inland remained unexplored.
- It was because of scary whispers that could be heard within the forests.
- Few dangerous rahi inhabited the island aswell, but only the deep jungles.
The seven warlords were sealed away there, as it was an island comprised of all cultures, and it was remote enough.
Decades later, a geological catastrophy happened.
- It sunk the island to the ocean's floor.
- Many Matorans died, leaving mostly waterbreathing Nahoans and only a few others.
- They found underwater caves full of air, aswell as air producing rahi, Hydruka.
- Over years, they gathered enough air to construct a large air dome over the previous settlement, which had been destroyed and had to be rebuilt.
- Eventually, the settlement grew into a large city, the matorans developing their own culture and becoming completely independent.
Located right outside the air domes of the city
They are used as breeding grounds for underwater rahi called Hydruka, which produce air for the city.
Some parts of the plains are harvested for the sea grass itself, as it is full of nutrients and is delicious.
At the border of these Sea-grass plains, a vast, dark and unexplored Kelp forest lies.
It is known to be very large and dense. Few matorans ever enter and leave.
There are rumors of dangerous rahi and monsters roaming the forest, entering it is forbidden among the undersea Matorans, except for one group of experts.
The Whispering Caves
Below the city, there is a huge and mostly unexplored system of underwater caves.
The first explorers reported hearing strange and disturbing whispers, aswell as seeing dark shapes, swimming through the caves.
- Field with large spikes, full of dangrous rahi, such as Takea Sharks. Entering these areas is forbidden for most Matorans.
- Large mountain at the center of the sunken island.
- It issaid that from the top, light of the surface can be seen
- For this, exploring the mountain is forbidden, as the council does not want their paradise to be discovered
- That is not a problem, however. The Matoran's don't want to leave, as they are xenophobic to the surface matorans.
CULTURE AND RELIGION
Over the many generations, the population of the underwater city would mix into it's own type of Matoran.
Some matorans would be of cobalt, teal and purple colors. None of them would have elemental powers, due to the mixed ancestory. The matoran smiths and mask-makers would however find a way to craft more masks capable of giving it's owner water breathing.
Most of the matoran would be of strong yet slim stature, adapted to life under water. Some of them developed webbing between their hands and legs.
The most common job is fishing, followed by farming of sea-grass and kelp. Then there are hunters of wild rahi, after them common tasks like building, etc.
These matorans are not peaceful. They are hardened by the environment they live in. Used to combat, they do not mind violence. However, they are peaceful among themselves, for all of them share the same faith.
Faith of Mahri:
The Mahrians believe that their goddess, Akida, has abandoned them, sinking the island. For this, they are very xenophobic, hating their counterparts on the surface.
They believe in Mahri, supposed daughter of Akida, who granted them the air-producing rahi called Hydruka, aswell as temporary underwater caves full of air for them to live in.
Mahri is said to be a fish-like goddess, resembeling a mermaid. She is often portrayed as a motherly figure, often prayed to for succesful pregnancy, health and fruitful harvest.
Cult of Karzahni:
- This secret cult started generations ago by matorans exploring the Whispering Caves, driven mad by Karzahni's whispers.
- They believe that Karzahni is the true of the three brothers, and that he was betrayed by Makuta and Ekimu.
- Cult's members worship the being and are constantly trying to lead secret expeditions to the Whispering Caves.
SPORTS AND EVENTS
Hydruka: an underwater, violent sport
Trial of Mahri: a very dangerous trial through which only the strongest, quickest and most enduring matorans can pass. The trial is entirely voluntiery, though.
- The matoran cannot wear a mask capable of water breathing. On his quest, he has to find every possible chance for a breath, including bubbles from wild Hydruka. (Domesticated ones cannot be used)
- The matoran has to swim through the Sea-grass Fields, into the Basalt Spires and kill a Takea Shark with nothing but a small knife. Then he has to return with the shark's three teeth.
- Upon his return, the Matoran is given great respect and honor, recieving the title of a "Mahri", this title holds a very small amount of matorans, due to this test being so dangerous.
- He aswell gets a pure-silver version of his mask, decorated with golden ornaments. The three teeth of the Takea shark he killed are put on the mask.
Festival of Owaki: Every five years, the matoran celebrate the daughter of their goddess, Mahri.
- The festival is full of life and lights, food and happiness. It is a symbol of peace and prosperity among all of the underwater matorans.
Council of Mahria
- Main government of the city, comprised of eight Matorans, considered to be the greatest stewards and governners.
The Hydruka Pack
- Group of elite explorers, the only matorans permitted to explore the Kelp Forests and the Basalt Spires.
- Comprised of strongest, quickest and most intelligent matorans, each has to complete the Trial of Mahri and earn the title of a Mahri to become it's member.
Priestesses of Mahri
- Group of strictly female matorans acting as priestesses of the goddess.
- Leader, the High Priestess is considered the prophet of the goddess Mahri, having great respect among all citizens of the city.
- Specialized group of warriors responsible for defending the farmers on the Sea-grass plains and clearing the city of crime
This is the part where I describe individual Matorans. Since all G1 Mahri matorans were "stolen" in this thread, ( ) I had to use less known and custom names.
- All of the matorans have a water-breating version of their masks, like Toa Mahri.
- The matorans have dark purple-grey skin and bright purple eyes
- They wear silver-teal armor along with dark red-purple clothes.
- Their masks are mostly blue/purple/ teal in color, decorated with silver ornaments
With breathing aparatus:
Without breathing aparatus:
Alternate color scheme:
- High priestess of Mahri
- Middle aged but wise. Very kind
- Wears kanohi Rau
Alternate color scheme:
- One of the priestesses of Mahri
- Very young female, content and humble.
- Wears kanohi Faxon
- Leader of the Hydruka Pack
- older male, unfriendly, arrogant
- Wears kanohi Kakama
- Young male, member of the Hydruka Pack
- He passed the Trial of Mahri, but cheated, as he is not strong nor quick enough to pass, yet he wanted to become a member of the pack.
- Young male, shy, insecure, impatient
- Wears kanohi Huna
- Member of the council
- Young male, patient and quiet
- Wears kanohi Komau
- Member of Team Cordak
- Young male, harsh, aggressive and unfriendly
- Wears kanohi Kiril
- Farmer on Sea-grass plains
- Young female, kind, active, animal-loving
- Wears kanohi Ruru
- Marine Biologist, studies dangerous rahi
- Young female, humorous, adventurous
- Is in love and bethrothed to Dilakar
- Wears kanohi Akaku
- Member of the Hydruka Pack
- Young male, kind but careful
- Wears kanohi Faxon
- Member of the Council
- Old female, xenophobic, unfriendly and passive
- Wears kanohi Hau
- Old male, very intelligent, wise and a xenophile
- Wears kanohi Garai
- Hydruka breeder
- Middle aged male, quiet and lonely
- Wears kanohi Pakari
- Successful player of Hydruka (Sport)
- Middle aged male, competitive, proud and wroth.
- Wears kanohi Faxon
Idris @Noupix, @Levva
- Naho Pirate Captain
- Her parents died when she got to the surface of Naho Bay, she survived.
- Became an Arbiter, later a captain of a pirate ship Disobedient
- Has visions of her former homeland
The Rahi of the underwater land of Mahri are a dangerous and alien lot. Most of them do not even come close to resembling anything the surface inhabitants could imagine.
- Manta Ray-like, have four small legs and two giant wings
- Wingspan of about eight meters, lenght of about six.
- Peaceful, herbivores, capable of creating air bubbles from an organ on their backs.
- Small, crab-like rahi
- Carnivores, not dangerous to Matorans
- Very large species of shark
- Reaches about six meters in length
- Carnivore, very dangerous to Matorans
- Giant species of eels
- Reaching about four meters in length
- Capable of releasing venom from their skin and create a toxic cloud
- Aggressive carnivores, very dangerous to Matorans
- A species of smaller Ray, distant kin to Hydruka
- Venomous and carnivorous
- Very dangerous to Matorans
- Kin to the Venom Eels
- Two to three meters in length
- Capable of producing electricity out of small appendages on their bodies
- Species of small squid
- Black, able to blend with the environment with ease
- Able to release a venomous ink cloud
- Aggressive carnivore, dangerous to Matorans
- A species of smaller rahi with shells and tentacles
- Carnivore, not dangerous to Matorans
- Large species of jellyfish
- Peaceful but venomous
- Giant squid
- Reaching thiry meters in length
- Highly intelligent, capable of changing color
- Extremely dangerous carnivore, murderer of many Matorans
I have to be fair and write this part. There are problems with this pich that have to be solved somehow.
No.1 Why weren't they killed when they were defeated?
They were known as hated warlords that tortured matorans for fun, why not execute them right away and display their bodies impaled?
Well, it might be that Ekimu decided to interfere against it, seeing it as cruel, rather having them serve life sentence in a mad prison with Karzahni.
No.2 How did the warlords survive the sinking of the island?
Solution by @RAKRONDEWL:
If Ekimu and Makuta built Karzahni's prison, it would maybe have some special morphing abilities to render any attempt to free the being useless. When the island sank, the fortress' ability sealed the water out to prevent it's inmate's release.
Upon the islands impact with the reef however the prison was damaged and starts to leak water through the cell walls. As the water leaks through, it takes microscopic fragments of the walls with it, transferring the prison's ability to morph to the inmates mutating them.
Solution by @Omega_Tahu
How about: Barraki are serving Karzahni, and Karzahni changes their form to suit their environment, but can't make them amphibious due to the magic chains explained in the next segment.
No.3 How did the warlords break free from the prison and Karzahni did not?
Solution by @RAKRONDEWL:
Maybe the mutation could have caused Karzahni to have grown into a gigantic monster with the loss of his ability to manipulate his size.
This would mean he couldn't physically escape his prison and would have to rely on others to do his work until he is released.
Solution by @Omega_Tahu:
Karzanhi would be entrapped by magic chains that shifted with his form and reduced his powers, and would keep him from escaping through the opened holes.
No.4 How are powers of Karzahni not making all of the Matorans in the city completely insane?
Solution by @RAKRONDEWL:
Maybe he doesn't want to cause them to leave as they are why the Toa come and accidentally release him according to one of the destinies he sees.
So he only messes with them if they try to leave basically making them his prisoners.
Solution by @Omega_Tahu
The magic chains that hold Karzahni would also limit his power to influence the minds of the matoran, so only the matoran who go into the cave would be affected.
No.5 Why did Ekimu and Makuta build the prison on that specific island?
Well, yeah. Don't have a real answer, if you have any idea, here with it!
This is a pitch that is being changed every day with the help of the community. You can already see the changes and involevement of others. If you have something to add, just write it!
Barraki are my most favourite characters in Bionicle, it'd be shame not to include them in G3.
This is a very early pitch and will need a lot of development, if you have something to add to it, feel free to do so!